Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Continuing mindless sewing..............


Back in May one of my mindless sewing projects was making stratas from 1.5" strips that were mostly cut about 10 years ago.  This is the batch I completed then.







Since I have a hard time getting started on anything after finishing a big project I turned to more mindless sewing.  There is enough of each combination to make three 16 patches.




I only sewed two of the 16 patch blocks so I have the option instead to make two 24 patch instead of three 16 patches.  Since this is mindless sewing no decision is necessary right now.....the project will continue to be mindless.

When do you get your best ideas?  For me it is usually when I am doing something else, and usually when I'm too busy to be able to jump on the idea.


Today's nature shot is one orange Moss Rose bloom.  I watered the tomato plants in pots last night. They dry out pretty fast compared to the ones planted in the ground.  The little neighbor girl helped me pick the Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.  I picked the high ones, she picked the low ones.  We make a great team.  I gave her our bounty.

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, I usually get my best ideas when I am completely unable to do anything about them. For example, when I am in the shower.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I too usually get my ideas when I am busy with 2 or 3 other projects and really can't start them

Barbara Anne said...

Love what you've accomplished with your mindless sewing! I can just imagine how difficult it is to settle on a new project when accomplished so much in July. Your brain must need to simmer a bit before your ideas for a new quilt jell.

How delightful to thrill your small garden helper with all you and she picked!! In addition to tomatoes, you're growing a new gardener!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Your mindless sewing reminds of our hot summer day as we’ve been having. Way prettier than the weather for sure.

Ideas float in and out of my mind every day… like you ~ never enough time to do them all or do them at all.

JJM

Julierose said...

Always hard to get "into" another project after a big finish I think...I like your strata colors...
Since DH pulled his hamstring 9 days ago I have been "taking over" pretty much...so not much sewing getting done for a bit...i have 2 more table toppers
to quilt up before I begin anything new...so this respite gives me time to ponder what I'd like to make...
76 here this afternoon but only 58 DP so it is really a lovely deck sitting day for us...I could have this weather all summer long and be happy...
hugs, Julierose

Patty said...

I love all those hot colors in the blocks! There is just the right prints that give the illusion of movement. The orange moss rose is so pretty. I should have watered tonight but I just didn’t have time. The marigolds in a pot really need a drink.

Mystic Quilter said...

I always enjoy seeing photos of your mindless sewing projects - they take me to the hangers full of strips behind my sewing studio door, I should get busy with them.
Best ideas - we must be on the same wave length on this one Wanda. When inspiration strikes I usually try to get to my 'book of ideas', something distracts me and then a couple of hours later I can't seem to bring to mind the idea I had.