Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Assembly done, not pressed................


There were 2 sewing sessions yesterday and I got the I Spy quilt top sewn together.  It was 10 p.m. when I took the last stitch so I saved the pressing for today.





I was out watering gardens early yesterday morning.  The Zinfin Doll Hydrangea is changing color rather quickly this year.  I wish I had a place for a whole row of these.



The little 4" tall Coneflower is in full bloom now.  I think it should be moved to a safer location but I'm not sure it would survive a move.  Indecision here.




The yellow Nasturtium bloom is fully opened now.  There are 8 plants in that pot.  I hope I get some more colors of them.





The ground was too hard all the way through June so I didn't get my ceramic mushrooms out in the garden at the beginning of summer.  One group is by the mailbox and my smallest Hosta.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wait and move the yellow follow in the fall it will have a better chance of survival.

Julierose said...

That Zinfin doll Hydrangea is really lovely--and I love the Nasturtiums are so brilliantly colored...so pretty...
only 65 here this morning with a cool wind--and only 58 for DP..I wanted it cooler--well!! I got cooler for sure this morning...;))) feels like Fall...
hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Perhaps move that little yellow flowering plant into a pot for the winter and then replant it in a safer spot in the spring? And yes, your hydrangea is fabulous!!

Barbara Anne said...

Love the I Spy and well done for getting it sewn together!! Will there be any borders?

Lovely garden flowers and those mushrooms add the right touch of whimsy. :)

Hugs!

Libby in TN said...

I saw lots of beautiful Zinfin Doll Hydrangeas in Bar Harbor, ME today. Hope to get some next year.

Christine said...

Such a pretty Hydrangea.
Love the quilt.
Wait till the yellow flower has finished blooming and then pot it up as quiltdivajulie suggests