Sunday, August 20, 2023

Almost there...................


All of the I Spy blocks are sewn and I only need 5 more of the black and white print blocks.  I need to sew one more strip of the neon stars and white print and cut them into segments to piece with the segments of the other combination.  I thought I had sewn the same number of each combination but I guess I didn't.  After those 5 blocks are sewn I need to turn on the iron and press all of the blocks and then go to the design wall.

I mowed the remaining portion of the front yard yesterday morning at 11.  I was surprised there was so much dew on the grass when the humidity was so low the previous 3 days.  The humidity was creeping up yesterday and is going really high this week. They are talking heat indexes over 100 several days this week with temperatures over 90.  It sounds like good sewing time.

6 comments:

Danice G said...

Beautiful I Spy blocks Yes, such hot weather does make me want to stay indoors and sew or quilt.

Julierose said...

Good work getting those the I Spy blocks sewn up...
It is only 57 here this morning and sunny--trying to enjoy these cooler days--as we hear that a heat wave will be in our future...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't realize the heat was going to get you too. Your lucky to get the grass done before that happens. My older sister cuts her lawn herself but says this is the last summer to do it, her legs have been so sore when she gets done with it she said she needed to lay down for 2 hours afterwards and she does half one day and half the next - said she will see about hiring a neighborhood kid next year. I don't think she realizes how much they charge now - I don't even but know it isn't always very cheap.

Mary said...

You're right. When it gets that hot, it's time to stay in and sew!

JJM said...

I’m so looking forward to see all up on your design wall. Your novelty prints are so much fun to see. I know thats why it’s called ‘I Spy’ and I didn’t ‘spy’ any duplicates yesterday either.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

You're wise to mow in the cool of the morning and to let it grow when it's too hot/humid to mow safely.

I, too, cannot wait to see your colorful I Spy blocks on the wall. This may be a quilt where it doesn't much matter where the blocks go as long as the light/dark pattern is maintained. Enjoy!

Hugs!