Sunday, August 27, 2023

Nearing the end of the month............


It was time to get busy and get this pastel diamond quilt quilted before the end of the month.  I used swirls, loops, hearts, stars and flowers on this one.



No computer aided quilting here, just done by human hands guiding the machine.  The hearts face all different directions throughout the quilt.





Stars were drawn like I learned in first grade.  My machine moves a little too easily so I'm very likely to get crooked stars and odd shaped hearts.




I chose the binding fabric that looks good with both the front and the back.  I'll press the fabric today and get the strips cut.

It was 62 degrees when I went to bed last nght, a little more normal than the 84 degrees near midnight Wednesday night last week.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pastels are just so pretty and relaxing.
Kathy

Libby in TN said...

You, working in pastels? Nice change! Glad to hear your temps are moderating.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilting goes well for the quilt I think and the fabric for the binding will do good. Today is supposed to the be the start of a cool off for us with 89 for a high - I guess compared to 105 I will take it - anything will feel better than that.

Julierose said...

Beautifully executed quilting by your own hand;))) really pretty, Wanda!
Still hot here--77 degrees with 70DP--we are almost through watching formula One Race in the Netherlands...
Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful way to quilt that lovely! Hand guided is so much more personal than pantographs. And, after an overnight thunderstorm, our temps are supposed to peak at 85 (feels like) today instead of the 109 we've had the past couple of days.

Barbara Anne said...

What a delightful quilt and hand guided quilted designs! It must be wonderful to have a long arm machine of your own.

We had rain overnight, too, and our high for today is forecast to be 82*F after 94*F yesterday. Joy!

Hugs!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Such a pretty quilt! And 62 at night sounds heavenly.

JJM said...

Lovely free hand quilting ~ had to be fun and it ‘sew’ belongs on this quilt. (*._.*).

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

The pale tree ring fabric is beautiful, I didn't realise it came in this colour. I love your quilting design!

MissPat said...

I do my hearts and stars exactly the same way. Our high today was 70 degrees and sunny. Refreshing.
Pat

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a refreshing little gem of a quilt!

Helenchaffin said...

beautiful quilt! I absolutely luv the stitching!