Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Special Delivery

My son called last night and said he had my new water cooler. He brought it and set it up in the garage where I wanted it. I think I will like it out there except at night when I don't like to open the door to the garage, you know the boogieman is out there.

He also brought me some memory for my desktop computer. He had told me about it, then he misplaced it (see it isn't just us old folks that do that) and then he found it again. I bought this computer almost 5 years ago and it had 512MB memory and was really fast compared to the previous one. Now I have 1G memory and is it ever fast. I like to have 5 windows open on my internet explorer, my email, my photo program, and Spider Solitaire all at the same time. I have high speed cable Internet, an expensive perk, but a priority for me. I'll give up the cruises, flights to Europe and such and have fast Internet.

And........he changed the light bulb in the ceiling fixture in the bathroom. This was one of those flat to the ceiling 1950's fixtures that I dreaded getting up there to work with. The light bulb had been laying there for 3 weeks waiting for me to find the right day to get the ladder out. Done!

I rearranged the blocks to light in the center. Check back a few days ago for a different arrangement. I think I like this better, but I still want to make a lot more blocks.
Another gloomy day today. The rain came in the morning yesterday, just opposite of what was predicted. After the Dr. appt. we went to Arby's drive up window and I got soaked trying to put in my order. Then when we got to the pick-up window, it had this teeny tiny little overhang which didn't shield my window at all. It did get up to 60 degrees later in the day, but back to the 40's again for a couple days. This is the April fool's joke I guess, 35 mph winds and 37 degrees this morning. Spring is just around the corner.............

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too like the new arrangement of blocks. 'An explosion of color' I just know it is going to be another one of your best.

Enjoyed your post today, learning about more memory for computer, your son deliverying your new cooler. I laughed when you mentioned the 'Boogie Man'.

J~MT

Anonymous said...

deliverying ? ? I did not catch "y" that till I see it posted. Lets call it an april fools mistake. (*._,*)

Sequana said...

Exactly what corner do you think Spring is hiding around? I'd like to sneak up and push it out....

Pattie said...

The blocks look great this way, very fun! Hang in there - Spring IS coming!!

Elsie Montgomery said...

I wonder how many quilters play Spider Solitaire? I had to take it off my computer because it was taking up too much time, but it seems the creative side of my brain needs a break now and then, and that addicting game does it for me. Shall we take a poll?

This is a great explosion of color! You do this so well!!

jacquie said...

Can't live without fast internet! How's the floor doing? Is it starting to come back?

Kristin L said...

I like the way the lighter center is starting to glow. :-)

meggie said...

Riotous colour! Lovely.
Spring is always the mot fickle of seasons, I find. I don't trust it for a minute.
Nice your son is handy! My sons are not very handy man inclined, though the eldest used to be quite good with his hands.

Jeanne said...

Sounds like you have a super son,too -- both of mine are!
Blustery ... I'm rethinking the Midwest thing :)
Jeanne

jovaliquilts said...

I took a walk today and it was windyand cold, but at least I could see some green and color. I know spring HAS to be hiding close by!

Leah said...

ooooooooh, I love these colors! I'm just blog-surfing but I'm going to bookmark this so I can come back and see what you do with these!