Sunday, April 27, 2008

Purples, blues, and greens

I made another pile of triangle squares in the cool color range. I am getting more value changes here than I was with the red ones. I don't know if they will all end up in the same quilt or not. Here are the squares that were left over so I need to make another batch to continue.
It has turned a little cooler for a few days. They have even mentioned snow showers for Monday. I hope they revise that forecast. I do enjoy digging up and moving plants when it isn't so hot though.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I love what is happening with these star-in-a-star blocks. It makes me want to make a bunch also, see if I can get that colorful glow that you're getting!

Mary G.

Vicki W said...

I'm really enjoying watching these star blocks develop!

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, love it! I can only see the second photo (my computer just isn't loading them all anymore), but it's wonderful. 'Glow' is really the right word!

Nicole said...

Wow! You sure do have a wonderful collection of blues and purples! That block is just stunning.

Anonymous said...

The deep rich hues of violet/blues explode with depth and dimension. Is a "thangle" the entire block of triangles ?

J~MT

Purple Pam said...

Beautiful colors. I thought the red blocks were great, but these cool color blocks are WOWzers! I can see you are having fun playing with these blocks. When I see your blocks in the making, it inspires me to get some fabric out and make some along with you.

Rebel said...

Ooooh... I do like those cool blocks. It'll be interesting to see how you balance out your warm & cool blocks.