Saturday, April 26, 2008

Triangle fun

I started sewing more sets of triangles with Thangles. I didn't get very many done so I will sew more combinations before I sew any blocks together. Here is a block from my stack of orphans. If any of you had the Pfaff 1475, 7550, or 7570 you may know what the Creative Designer box is. It was an attachment you could hook up to your machine and create more fancy stitches. Pfaff produced a book with a lot of stitches that looked like the hand done embroidery, and we would enter them with coordinates one stitch at a time. You only had to create one little section which would be repeated over and over as you sewed.
I also stitched out some of the 40mm stitches with 8 way feed that were built into the machine. I taught the classes that were given when you purchased a machine so I had to do a lot of playing to be knowledgeable about the features. Just another part of my past........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda,
Really liked the patchwork. It has been a long time since I have used my creative box...maybe I will have to ask you to refresh my memory.
Louise

jovaliquilts said...

Lush, rich. Those are the words that spring to mind when I look at either of these. Yum!

I love that the first block is made all of HST's -- gives it lots of depth.

Anonymous said...

The triangle blocks are just beautiful! And love the stitches from your past... those stitches frame each piece of fabric into a delightful array of patches.

J~MT