Friday, April 4, 2008

Glaring error a/k/a humility block

This is the quilt I have been quilting. I didn't notice the error until last night when I was quilting down each side of the center chain of little squares. In the row with the light colored squares, the second block is turned sideways. Why didn't I see that in the picture of the whole quilt? I have always said I haven't made a perfect quilt yet, and this is one more example that it is true. You can find the full picture of this one here.




This is what I made from the leftover triangles from this quilt, a tablerunner. I also used some of the strip piecing that was part of the 9 patches. I have a few more leftover pieces to use. Would there be anyone in the world with a kitchen or dining room in this color scheme??? A tablerunner can be used other places though, like on the sofa table behind the sofa. I will quilt this one tonight.
I loved all of the comments yesterday on the Christmas cactus. I think I have been over watering mine. It sounds like I should really neglect it a little more. And.......it sounds like they can bloom anytime they want to from the comments. Thank you all!!

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's certainly not glaring - it took me 10 mintues to find it! I love the colors of this quilt.

Anonymous said...

Wanda, it seems to me that this is just the sort of thing that proves the piece was made by a human, not a machine. I think it adds character! And charm! (To the quilt, I mean.)

It is a _wonderful_ quilt!

Mary G.

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I suspect it's only you who sees it as an error! All I see is a joyously beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

I agree with "fifiquilter" only you can see the error. I sure can not. This one lives up to your "EXUBERANT COLOR" and then some, it is just awesome!

J~MT

jovaliquilts said...

The reason you didn't notice it before is that it's practically unnoticeable. I'm not sure I found it even when you gave directions! I do love those colors, and your eye flits all over the quilt, so who would ever notice a tiny rotation?

Sequana said...

I think you missed it in the original picture cause it's down at the bottom. There were so many other things to focus on there.

If it's not for a show, this is just its charm.

Lynda said...

Don't you know that there is a quilt pixie who mixes up blocks after you've laid them out? Well, there seems to be one in my house! The quilt looks great, and if you don't point out the error to anyone else, nobody will notice it!

meggie said...

It ia wonderful, & the colours are gems. Love quirky little things in quilts.
The table runner is lovely -just the thing to drive away winter.

Michael5000 said...

Not an error. An interesting detail.