Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Yearning for porch pots

This has to be my all time favorite of plants in my porch pots. I only had it one year and only know one greenhouse where I can buy it. I have the tag from it somewhere in my garage so I can look up its name this year. It was so pretty against the lime green sweet potato vine and geranium leaves. It was 28 degrees this morning so I'm still a couple months early in my dreaming. The wallhanging below was made in a colorwash style but with only 7 fabrics. It is also done on the fusible grid interfacing. I did not like that method. I happen to be one of those people who loves to sew rows and rows of little squares together. I didn't like the bulk of the interfacing. Also I do not get mixed up in my sewing because I use the method where all of the rows are attached together when I am sewing. Today is a sunshiny day already and it might even get warm enough to get out for a walk. I have 3 quilts basted, one with quilting started, so I need breaks with exercise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I love todays quilt! I like the precision that went into the making of this piece. And can imagine the bulk also, but what a stunning piece, fabric's are perfect. Would you believe, I think I would like using this method.

Photo of your foliage is beautiful also. I agree, I'm ready to see all the glorious plants of spring and summer now too.

J~MT

jovaliquilts said...

Your porch pot is beautiful! We are seeing some crocuses, but that's about it. This morning there was frost, but it was sunny. Won't be long!

I kind of like sewing squares together, too, but I have never tried the grid. The basket is really charming. You work in so many styles, I really like that.

meggie said...

You may not have liked the technique, but the result is lovly.
I think I have that plant in my garden, it dies down in winter & springs back when it warms up. I must see if I can get a photo.

Pattie said...

The quilt is lovely - and so is the plant. Hang in there: Spring IS coming!

Purple Pam said...

Your flower basket is very cheerful, and will help you ease into spring, I think. I like your arrangement of blocks on your previous post best. I cannot wait to see your finished product. The flowers are beautiful, such a bright and happy fushia.

Leah said...

what a beautiful plant! it has such vibrant colors it doesn't even look like a photo, more like some brilliant artwork! thanks for sharing such wonderful colors