Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fussy Cutting

I had scanned and printed these leaves last year, and then last week finally put the fusible on the back of them, and now started cutting them out. I haven't designed the quilt yet though. We really had fun yesterday with the art quilters' group. Since we hadn't seen each other for 7 weeks there was a lot of show and tell, and a former member who moved away was visiting. There is always a lot of inspiration with all of the styles of quilting we do.



After they left I had to take my mother for a blood test for one of her medications, and then the Dr. for her legs. The legs aren't healing so now we will be going to the hospital 2-3 times a week for some kind of a bath and ointment to try to heal them. He said he can't give her the boot that pumps the fluid out of her legs now because the skin is not healing. He said if they can't get the fluid out of her legs it will start travelling up her body and cause pneumonia and eventually heart failure. I am optimistic that they will be able to heal her legs. She is upbeat about it too.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Those leaves look REAL!

I hope your mother's legs heal soon, what a thing to endure.

Ruthie said...

I love those leaves! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Anonymous said...

Catching up since last Thursday was fun. Your straight stitch quilting really appeals to me. Love the "On the Surface" with the soft faded colors, with roses... And the piece with zebra border turned out great... Those two triangle squares sparkle like cut glass... I was happy you went to Quilt Show, your buys there are supreme pieces... I love leaves and am really anxious to see how you will use them.

J~MT

meggie said...

I remember those leaves from last year. They came up so well. Will be interesting to see what you do with them.

At least your mother's attitude is great. My dear old Aunt appears to be determined to die. Very hard on her children.

Mulberry Tart said...

Love the new fabric. My heart goes out to you and your mother. Best of luck getting her legs healed.

TB said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's legs; I wish her the best for the bath/ointment treatments. As for quilting, I can't wait to see how you use the leaves! I also have some leaf photos that I intend to use for cutting fabric leaves. They are so beautiful, fabric leaves.

Rebel said...

those leaves are beautiful. I love it when I find a leaf in the process of changing...nature beats all when it comes to creativity!