Sunday, April 6, 2008

Which way is up?

When I was ready to put the binding on this one, I had to determine which edge was top so I could attach the hanging sleeve. This is how I finished it. It puts my humility block in the column second from the right, the second block down. You have all convinced me that it adds character to the quilt and that it is not distracting. Thank you. This is the way it was pictured in Aug. 07 on my blog. I'm not sure which way I wanted it to be when I added the borders. I can always add another hanging sleeve if I change my mind again.
The gardening seminar yesterday was good. They had hoped to get at least 20 people to come, so when over 80 pre-registered they were elated. A lot of good questions were asked and we got our dose of green and spring a few weeks before we can actually plant anything. I got out and raked off 3 flower beds and filled 2 huge bags with leaves and old stalks in the afternoon when we actually reached 65 degrees. My neighbors who go away for the winter returned Fri. night so we caught up on the past few months. I introduced a new neighbor to the returning neighbors. All is good in the neighborhood.

12 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Finally I see your 'humility block' -- but I like it, it breaks up the flow very subtly. Seems like you intended it. :)

Anonymous said...

Well you are going to have to circle that block for me because I can not see it. Even with your directions...I enlarged it and studied for ever. I'd put hanging sleeves on both ends and turn it occasionally it is gorgeous hanging either way. And has a glorious look each way.

Am I the only one out here in the internet world that did not know about MOZZILLA Fire Fox ? I down loaded it on on Friday and am amazed at the added speed it gives me when I click on your quilts for enlarging, no waiting they zoom right on screen. Many other security benefits comes along with it as well.

J~MT

jacquie said...

I love that you call it your humility block. I am like these others...I had a hard time seeing it. I think it adds character to the quilt.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the quilt police read your blog. I wouldn't worry about the mistake it is not "an in your face mistake". It is a quilt with character plus.

Louise

Denise (Nour) said...

Love the quilt! My eyes just dance all over it!

Sequana said...

I hate to be the only dissenter, but it really bothers me up at the top. Hardly noticable at all on the bottom, but still there to help you keep your humility. *S*

Elaine Adair said...

Lovely quilt! Up or down.

Purple Pam said...

I am humbled because I cannot figure out where this block is. I followed the dictions, but still cannot find it. Everything blends together so well, it surely does not stick out for me to notice it. It is exuberant for sure. Another great quilt in purple and orange!

Purple Pam said...

I am also humbled because I cannot seem to type directions correctly in a consistent manner!

meggie said...

It is a lovely quilt, & either way, it looks great.
It is nice to live in a neighbourhood where everyone is on friendly terms.

The Calico Cat said...

I'll chime in - even knowing that there is a humility block, with these batiks, you can't tell... I saw it the tother day, but i just looked again & can't find it. Honest!

Rebel said...

You need to stop telling us where your humility block is! I promise I wouldn't have found it without you.

Looks very cool, I like the purple & orange interplay.