Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lots of white

Now how interesting is this? Lots of white, white fabric, white freezer paper. Not quite the fix I require but a necessary task. This is 180 squares of fabric and 58 squares of freezer paper. I need to go buy 3 more boxes of freezer paper to finish up on this school project. Today I will make a couple samples with the crayons and see how it goes. By last night though I had to have some color! The top left and bottom right are the 2 new squares.
We got a little rain last night and more expected today. The grass is so green and lots of plants are popping up. I lost about 2/3 of a huge coral bell but the rest of it looks healthy. I see a few columbine plants coming up too. Spring is here!

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Hmmm...I'm beginning to think color fixes are addicting!

We had to mow our lawn yesterday, so I guess spring really is here. It has taken its time this year.

Candy Schultz said...

Ooh you are lucky. We have bits of green but no sign of my columbine yet.

Anonymous said...

Those students are in for a grand treat next week. To have the kits ready and waiting for them is a bonus. I know they will indeed have much fun with their creations.

Your triangle blocks look like emerald cut ruby's as with any faceted beauty! It is looking so glorious.

J~MT

Sharon said...

What luscious colors! It's always a treat to see what you're working on. And you're making me want to find my crayons and try some "art". Sounds like fun - lucky kids!

Anonymous said...

your red triangle blocks look amazing, they really sparkle like gemstones

TB said...

Sounds like a lot of work, preparing for the youngsters. But I'm sure they will remember the experience they have with you. The red blocks are beautiful! In my yard's garden, the Bleeding Hearts are blooming; I just love those flowers. Happy Sunday!