Thursday, April 24, 2008

Art day 2

I am REALLY tired today! 2 days in a row wouldn't have been my first choice but it is the way it worked out. I had 3 classes in the morning, then over an hour break and then the last class. I had all 3rd grade today, which is one I haven't worked with before. They are still pretty free with their drawing at this age. There were several sports fans in the group.
I asked the girl who drew this if she had gone somewhere like this on vacation and she said no. the water is shaded in with 3 colors. She was quite artistic.
This was the first cartoon character out of all of the classes.
I think this girl may have been to a circus recently.
I brought home half of the squares to iron the wax out of. I will return to their school for at least part of a day so the kids can see one of the quilts being assembled. The art teacher is going to try to round up some other helpers for that day so we can make good progress.

3 comments:

Terry said...

I am amazed at how talented these kids are. Their artwork is so creative. Thanks for sharing. Terry

Quiltdivajulie said...

And once the quilt is assembled, what will happen with it?

LOVE the elephant!!

TB said...

These are just wonderful! I like art from youngsters, it's so innocent and honest.