Monday, April 14, 2008

Walking on Cement

The convention centers have cement floors as well as the parking garages. I used to work a 7.5 hour day on a cement floor 5 days a week and I changed to a job in an old building with wooden floors. It made a lot of difference in the joints (as in hips and knees). Yesterday walking 5 hours on the cement reminded me of how I felt after a day of work on the cement floors. Advil here I come. Here are the new batiks I bought yesterday. And here are some Kaffe's, a Phil Jacobs and a couple batik half yards.
I had sewn a bunch of squares of 2 triangles using Thangles a few months ago. I needed to make something new after working on the finishing of several pieces. I don't know how many more blocks I will make. They will just go in a pile and I'll make a few now and then and someday there will be a good size pile of them. Then I can decide if I need to make any specific color blocks to finish up.
The art quilters' group is coming here today. A lot of them have been to the quilt festival too so we may be a tired looking bunch. Show and tell will be fun because we can see what kinds of things each of them purchased as well as what they have been working on.

7 comments:

mzjohansen said...

Oh ! What a terrific "haul" !
Sounds like everyone had a fine time !

Vicki W said...

I've always felt that the problem with conventions isn't the distance but the surface. Concrete is a killer. But so worth it - I love your fabrics!

Joyce said...

Nice Fabrics, esp the black and white. I want to make it to that quilt show one of these years.

meggie said...

Lovley goodies for new creations.
I love that combination on the right in the picture below.

Pattie said...

All the fabrics are gorgeous, but those batiks are really calling my name! I'm anxious to see what you do with them. Have fun!

TB said...

Nice new fabrics; I really like the light green batik. The blocks bring Lollipops to mind--cherry and grape. Beautiful.

Diane said...

Lovely purchases, lovely blocks. Glad you got to attend the show.