Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to the archives

I haven't done anything new, just cleaning the basement to get ready for company next week. I don't think you want to see a picture of me cleaning. This is a quilt top I made in 2005. The fabric in the border inspired the fabric choices. It is a combination of big stars, little stars, 4 patches and plain squares. Ignore the yellow walls, it is the only room with a queen size bed in it. You can see my Laurel Burch embroidered cat curtains in this picture. You can see touches of the big print in this picture. It has always been one of my favorite floral prints.
I had 2 different paisleys that I used that help the star points to disappear now and then.
I did work a couple batiks into it too, the green fern and the dotted one in the picture below.
I gave this quilt top to my daughter for Christmas that year and haven't gotten it quilted yet for her. I want to piece the back from a lot of the leftover fabrics. I have started laying it all out and have sewn some of the pieces together.

Thanks everyone for your comments about autograph books. I had forgotten about the yearbooks, but yes I have 4 of them loaded with signatures. It will be my 50th class reunion this year. I think I should go back and read some of them before Sept.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another one of your 'Wandaful Quilts' the pattern, fabrics, and colors are gorgeous. Those floral prints are supreme. I know your daughter will treasure it forever.

J~MT

Cathi said...

I love this quilt! Your daughter must love it!

Your post reminded me of all the yearbooks I have still -- haven't looked at them in years!

meggie said...

I just love that beautiful quilt! I have a 'thing' for roses, & the fabrics are glorious.