Thursday, January 11, 2024

#3 quilt top for January 2024............


Another baby quilt top completed this month. It is a fraction over 37" square.  This was a fun one to make.  It is a combination of the Donut Hole block and 9 Patch blocks.  It is made from pieces in small project boxes, leftovers from this quilt top.  (Scroll down for details about it.)



There are still more pieces left in the 2 boxes.  I need to come up with another idea for them.






I counted the squares and put notes in the box.  I haven't counted the triangle squares yet but I probably will do it.






Here are the 2023 empty spools from the machine I use for piecing my quilts.  It doesn't include longarm cones because they have so much thread on them that I rarely empty one.  i quilted 23 quilts on the longarm last year.

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a productive month already, Wanda;))) I love how this baby quilt came out--beautiful and colorful for a lucky baby!!
41 this morning and gray again...we luckily had Packzi on hand for breakfast after my grocery trip yesterday YUM!! Bavarian Creams--what a treat!!
Want to work on prepping blocks to sew into groups of four today...
hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

I'm glad you went with the alternate 9-patch.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are really moving along - so many quilts - I didn't realize you had quilted 23 last year, wow

Mary said...

I am really drawn to the colors in this quilt top.

pbj fiber marietta said...

I just love the bright colorful baby quilt! You really have a knack for putting things together! Congratulations and keep on inspiring us.

JJM said...

Quilt no. 3 has mesmerized me. Every time I study it I see another pattern emerge. Such a fun quilt for baby. And to go back to your quilt to see where your left overs came from was a treat also..

JJM

ebwhite said...

I also save my empty spools and string them together with ribbon each year. Hanging in my sewing room, they are some of my favorite things. So far 2020 was the worst -- even with lock-down from Covid only three sppols on the ribbon. 2023 has fourteen. Cheers to you for a very productive 2024.

Kristin said...

I love your new baby quilt and especially love the color pallette. So birght and cheery! It's interesting paired with the nine patches.

Barbara Anne said...

The many happy colors and prints in your newly finished baby quilt will delight all who see it, hug it, and, especially own it for years to come. The baby who gets this quilt will learn to appreciate colors very early in his/her life and what a gift that is!

I look forward to seeing the next quilt whose parts are resting in that box.

Hugs!

MissPat said...

OMG, Wanda, I haven't even made a sample block of this one and you've already finished the quilt. I made a single one of the blocks from the original quilt and have leftover HSTs from making 2 at a time and only using one in the block. I'll have to dig those out and put them to use.
Pat

Patty said...

I had a lot of empty spools with all the tote bags I made. It certainly wasn’t from piecing quilts. The donut quilt top turned out so cute!

Vicki W said...

What a cute baby quilt! You emptied a lot of spools last year!