Wednesday, January 24, 2024

On the design wall.....................


At the left are all of the rows of the Marcia Derse fabric quilt I was working on.  No decisions made on how to finish it.  I decided to put some columns of Crooked Cobblestone blocks on the design wall to see what I have available.  I used 5 different widths of blocks for this.




I spent the earlier part of the evening hand stitching the binding.  I have 3 corners done and 1/2 of a long side and 1/2 of a short side left to stitch.  Batik binding and batting make it a slower process of hand stitching.  I hope I can finish it today.  Then I need to start the binding on the next one but it will be easy to stitch with Kaffe fabric.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Your cobblestones are so pretty in those columns....
Your binding is really coming along well...
33 here this morning, gray skies after freezing rain/drizzle last night...
It is just SO GRAY and dark out there...looking forward to luncheon out--if weather holds...
hugs, Julierose

Helenchaffin said...

Looking great! we're in for 3 days of heavy rains here with flash flood warnings guess I'll be horded up in the sewing room😄

Mary said...

The cobblestones are looking great. We have mild weather here today and very little if any rain. Time to start moving around again.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I've always loved your cobblestones. And I think the group on your wall is lovely - perfect size to hang in a narrow wall space.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

batik always makes it a little slower on the hand stitching - the design wall is looking great.

Nann said...

Color inside on this gray day. (But: warmer!!)

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful progress on your binding, good to have a think about what's to be next for the MD quilt, and it's good to see the new/old CC blocks on the design wall!! Your creative imagination must be whirling with delight.

It's overcast here and may rain, but it's a 50/50 chance. Amazingly, it's warm at 66*F and will stay warm for a few days.

Hugs!

JJM said...

Fun looking crooked cobblestone runner. And good to see such great progress on the binding of your quilt. Your daily blog always shows the hours you put into each day.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Cobblestones are looking so cheery. Awful foggy and gray and wet here. Lots of melting snow. Soon your binding will be done!

Patty said...

The cobblestones are pretty! Is that all of them? That’s great you are almost done with that binding. It rained here all day, but at least it is warm enough it didn’t turn into ice. Right now it is 50 degrees!

Anonymous said...

I used to have your blog directly, now I have to click on it when I see it generally. Maybe happened when we moved to Vegas.
It says my email is invalid. My email is valid. Vivianhelena42@gmail.com