Friday, January 5, 2024

30 blocks....................


The last 5 blocks are finished now for a total of 30.  I decided on a layout of 5 across and 6 down.  One empty project box.

Directions for this block are on Lynn's blog.  She has lots of directions for quilts made with solids and prints and I have 2 finished quilts and 2 tops already made and one more in progress from her blog.




I'm trying to made smaller quilts this year so I can have a little fun with each pattern I choose instead of spending a month on just one quilt.  I have plenty of larger quilts on 2 shelf units in my spare bedroom.  This one is 37.5" x 57" so I could add a 2" border and still use just one width of fabric for the back.  I'll think about that for a couple days.  

Now I need to get busy and seam backings for a few larger quilts.

 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

This came out beautifully--I do follow Lynn's blog and check out her solids on prints a lot--I like her LV Horizon piece, too.

Only 22 degrees this morning....I wonder if we will be getting snow from this predicted weekend storm? I'd like to see at least some snow this Winter season--last year we only got about 1.5", if that here!

Today I will be looking through my patterns to see if there are any I should/could donate....they are mostly embroidery ones...
Hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

Those shoo-fly blocks are stinkin' cute! I might have to give them a try.

Helenchaffin said...

beautiful shoo fly blocks ,I favor the lap size around 56x60ish something but they sometimes turn into full size before I know it😄

JJM said...

I agree with you. Having fun at our age is the goal. And to continue to create pieces that show it, is a bonus. I enjoy the prints you used in Shoo Fly, they are fun and one of a kind. And my fun is to see all you have created each day.

JJM

Nann said...

They sparkle! Smaller quilts -- I've made a number of wheelchair-sized quilts, about 36 x 48. Nice design challenge.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice! I like the arrangement she has on her blog of that quilt

Barbara Anne said...

I love the little Shoo Flies in this delightful quilt and am again astonished at how quickly you make blocks and put the tops together. Well done!

Hugs!

Patty said...

That’s a pretty top. It will make a wonderful baby/toddler quilt. I managed to get three 9-patch tops sewn together this week. I still have 21 blocks left so I planned on making 9 more for a fourth top. Smaller quilts are so much easier to handle! I have a couple big ones coming down the road and I’m not looking forward to wrestling them!

Vicki W said...

That's a really pretty top!