Monday, January 15, 2024

Relaxing day.................


There was a pile of strips I had cut a couple years ago to cut some more elongated hexagons so I die cut 2 from each strip.  I put one of each up on the design wall and also added more triangles for the centers.  I need to decide how many different centers I want.  Maybe just 2 types would be best but I'm not sure I could stick with that.  Other than this I made a placemat top with the left over triangle squares left from the last 2 baby quilts.  I attempted to consolidate the info in my 6 notebooks to 2 and that took 2 hours.  More work needed there.

We went from -15 yesterday morning at 8 a.m. to -9 for a high in the afternoon.  The only time I was outside was when I walked out to get my Sunday newspapers.  It was a sunny day, a nice bonus.

10 comments:

Nann said...

Those angled seams will be tricky to sew! The center patches add a nice difference. I heard on the early morning news (I get Wisconsin Public Radio on the bedside radio) that parts of Germantown, Milwaukee, and Waukesha have not had power for 48 hours.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks good your temps are too cold for me. My cousin in Milwaukee was out of power the other day for about half a day I guess. It is 5 degrees here this morning might get up to 23 that will feel warm LOL

Julierose said...

The brilliant center patches really add a lovely vibe to these blocks, I think!!:))
We are at a whopping 21 this morning and nice and sunny...tomorrow we are forecast snow--heaviest when i am scheduled for my haircut--oh well, I have my "Berkshires" famous snow driver to take me if necessary. ;)))) My DH LOVES to drive in the snow...lucky me...hugs, Julierose

Vicki W said...

Oh, this is looking nice!

Mary said...

I'm always interested in how quilters use documents to keep a handle on their work. We woke up to 18 degrees. Not nearly so cold as what you are dealing with, but cold enough that I'm glad I don't absolutely have to be somewhere today. Stay warm.

JJM said...

I really like your yellow gold centers for this piece they add such a ‘sunny’ glow .

The entire nation is feeling the Arctic front I think . It’s truly winter weather. I haven’t walked out side for days and it is not fun getting no where on my treadmill.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I love these rich colors and the pattern the strips make!

Be careful when going outside when all is slippery. In the big picture, keeping your bones intact is more important than your newspaper. As a former ER nurse, I promise you this is true.

Hugs!

Patty said...

It was 3 degrees at 6:30 this morning so the safety guy had all the workers come inside for the weekly safety meeting. At least it was sunny and it got up to 16 with little wind. Those hexagons are making a interesting top

MaryJo said...

So do you sew those elongated hexagons into squares and then sew the rows together on the diagonal ? Glad you had a relaxing day !

Sally said...

Hi - what brand of die cutter do you use for the elongated hexagons? I did not see it on the Accuquilt site. Thanks!