Friday, January 19, 2024

All rows sewn...............






I tried to straighten the rows many times but they still ended up on a slant.  The good news though is that all of the rows are sewn.  I put a few gold triangles in the spots at the right side but still am not sure how I will finish this.  It may linger on the design wall for a few days...  I think maybe it needs dark triangles and maybe a border.




For the last 2 days I have been working on batting and backings for 2 more quilts to send out for quilting.  The pattern for this quilt is on this postHere is the top when I finished it.  I bought the zebra batik backing fabric on sale in NC in August 2018.

I did some grocery shopping yesterday while it was around 17 degrees. Today we will struggle to get to 8 degrees in the afternoon.  It started snowing last night before 10 p.m. and it is predicted to be light and fluffy snow and they say about 1.5" -2" for my area.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Your honeycomb quilt looks good with the yellow side triangles--very complete that way. You are right about a border, though. I think it might benefit from a frame. Just my opinion. It has turned out to be a very lovely quilt, very complex looking!

Gene Black said...

I like the yellow side triangles. I think a border is a great idea. If you have a batik with one or more of the darks in this it would probably make a nice border.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I too like the yellow triangles on the edges. The cold this year just doesn't seem to want to go away - I think everyone is tired of it and ready for it to be gone.

Julierose said...

Good that this is now all sewn together--nice work;)))
25 degrees when we got up this morning; snow flurrying now...another gray day with blindingly white snow...still a bit "under the weather"--nasty tummy bug!!--but generally better...hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

I think darker TOT triangles that match the first border would look good. That might be worth consideration.

That red/gray/black/white quilt is certainly interesting and the chosen backing is perfect for it.

Stay warm!

Hugs!

JJM said...

I too like the yellow/gold triangles . And yes to a border. Dark triangles would not show up and show off as much as your gold ones.

I really like your Interweave, using your black ‘n white prints with your exuberant fabrics always makes such fun interesting quilt tops.

JJM

Patty said...

The triangle color would probably depend on the border color. I can see a lot of fabric auditioning in the near future.