Thursday, January 25, 2024

Binding finished..............


Like most batik bindings, this one seemed like it took forever but it was only 5 days.  The top was 70" x 91" before quilting so it was a lot of little stitches in the binding.


I folded part of it back so both ends of the quilt show, both the light end and the dark end.  I hopefully will get it up on the design wall for its portrait today.




I added more columns of crooked cobblestone blocks on my design wall yesterday morning.  If you look at the 2 side edges you can see I need to trim some of the blocks.  I ran out of blocks the right width.  This will shrink a lot when I sew it and I think it will be 36" wide.  I'm not sure about the height.



Here is the last bloom on the first stalk and the first bloom on the second stalk.  It's hard to see but this is the one with the thin red line around the edges of the petals.

 

9 comments:

Mary said...

I always have such a feeling of accomplishment when I finish a binding, and that is a big quilt.

Nann said...

The color progression is intriguing. (I meant that for the pineapple quilt but I realize it also pertains to the cobblestones.)

Julierose said...

Woo-Hoo on that binding finish!! What a great feeling, huh?
Love those Cobblestones...great scrappy pattern...
Those edges of the white blooms are just so lovely....the mauve roses I got for Christmas from my daughter are slowly drying out in their vase...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the pineapple quilt and the cobblestones is so much color - lovely!! I like the thin red lines around the flowers - I think I still have four buds to open on the last of my plants.

JJM said...

Lovely post today Wanda… I see lot of hours of work in these photos. And so “exuberant” in every way.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love the finished Pineapple quilt and well done in being diligent to get it finished.

Lovely Amaryllis!

Do you put labels on your quilt? I do always as I inherited a couple of quilt and have no clue when they were made, who made them, or where they were made.

Hugs!

Patty said...

The binding is very pretty. As my mom used to say “that’s a good job done!”

Vicki W said...

You certainly haven't lost your Cobblestones mojo!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The pineapple quilt is so multi-faceted wonderful color and texture. The cobblestones are sharp and clear, such a treat. The thin red line around the amaryllis bloom is so stunning.