Thursday, January 4, 2024

Searching through fabric.............


I was looking for blue and turquoise but a purple sneaked in there.  I matched these with the solid colors for the Shoo Fly blocks.  I decided to search through Kaffe Fassett books last night instead of cutting the pieces for the blocks.


I changed to a lighter color thread on my machine and sewed 2 light green blocks yesterday morning.  The one on the right doesn't look that yellow in person but it is a yellow-green.


Back to searching through Kaffe books: I was looking for repeats of layouts.  He revisits older layouts many times in his books.  Some info for people who have his books:  I found one called Bloomers (in Timeless Themes) is the same layout as Yellow Sunlight (in Bold Blooms) only turned 180 degrees.  The yellow one has a border and Bloomers doesn't.  (Both of those are hard cover books.)  Bloomers is one that I want to make.  In the book it is multicolor fussy cut floral squares in several sizes.  I want to make it in blue with a few green and purples thrown in.  It will take at least a month to cut all of the pieces.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

I like your pairings !! You have an amazing supply of energy and motivation to do all that cutting, Wanda..I would be totally daunted by having to cut so much.
35 here this morning with gray skies...doing errands early on..
hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Isn't it funning how colors and fabrics have a way of sneaking into the mix when we are pulling for specifics. It's sort of like the way sweets and salty snacks have a way of leaping into grocery carts when our backs are turned.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to start pulling fabric too for one of the RSC quilts I'm doing - it is still in my head on how I'm going to do it but I need to star looking at colors to further complete the look

Barbara Anne said...

Love the fabrics you've chosen and like your thoughts on the direction this quilt will probably take. Naturally, there is always room for a new thought or change of plan!

I wonder what UFO you'll find to work on while making Bloomers?

Enjoy!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice fabric pulls! Good you have such a great eye to see the same quilts in different set ups. Hope you can find all the fabric you need and cut it all for Bloomers soon.

JJM said...

Your pairings for the ‘Shoo Fly’ blocks sure are fun to see. And watching your progress is a bonus each day.

JJM