Saturday, January 6, 2024

Going through project boxes.............


This box of pieces isn't technically a project but more a start and stop thing.  This is the pile of pieces not sewn into blocks.





First I put the blocks that were sewn into this layout.














Then I tried this layout which is better but doesn't excite me.  I hate to put the pieces back into the project box again so I could just put them into the Kaffe orphan block box and deal with them later.

I got one backing measured and ready to sew together but I need to press the 2 lengths first.  Today is a good day to turn on the iron and press several things.


One of the groups of fabrics to start pressing: some of the blue fabrics for the Bloomers quilt that I want to make.  Some of these have just small areas of blue flowers so the all over print is more multicolor.  I need to fussy cut 3.5", 6.5", 9.5" and 12.5" squares with flowers.

Snow predicted overnight into today so I did the grocery shopping yesterday.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Such pretty KF blues fabrics!
Red red skies this morning; 24.6 degrees; we have varying reports on the snow event! Some say rain, some sleet, some snow--but North of us is all in a snow warning....we seem to miss any big snow events here on the coast--i would like to see a few flakes, at least, this year!
I hope to sew some more layer cakes into 1/2 sq triangles today...mainly working on glue books though as my wrists and fingers are in "rest mode".
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

A quick note before I head out to a meeting (glad there's not more snow) -- I have an idea for setting the four patch blocks. I'll sketch it out and email you. Have a good day!

JJM said...

I really like your box of blocks, fabric combinations are truly striking. While you are pressing fabrics today, I hope you come up with an idea of a pleasing layout design, you like. I really like the diagonal layout myself.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

It is all looking good to me but you've lots of wonderful resources to make more blocks until the layout suits you, especially if it's snowing outside. Have fun!

We have a 100% rainy day but west of us there is snow and/or ice.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh what lovely fabric to play with! The flowers lift me up. Got about an inch of snow this afternoon, the wet stuff. Glad I went for a walk earlier.