Sunday, January 28, 2024

Pressed and trimmed.............


I went back through my archive photos and think this is #13.  One was sold as a top.

This ended up 37" x 58", almost 5 feet tall.  I didn't have to make any more blocks; they were all in those 11 plastic bags sorted by size.  This one is a little different than my previous crooked cobblestone quilts because of a smaller variety of colors in the blocks.




Here I am in 2012 at a gallery in NC with the first 10 crooked cobblestone wall hangings.  All have been sold or gifted except the top right and the cross quilt.





I chose the binding fabric for the next quilt in line.  It had to be red and it had to be Kaffe fabric.  Since I have all of his fabrics starting with #1 I had a good group to look through.  I almost didn't buy this one because it was a tone on tone type but now I realize they make great bindings.


I got the strips cut and sewn on the quilt.  One short side and half of one long side have been hand stitched so far.

11 comments:

Mary said...

I loved seeing your line up of cobblestone quilts. This one is a beauty as well, and shows what you can accomplish with a more limited color selection.

Julierose said...

I love how the "lights" centers shine out in your Cobblestone quilt! Some of those blocks appear lit from within--such nice work, Wanda!!
We are having yet another rainy one here--cold, steady rain at 37 degrees out there!! Feels really raw!!
Enjoy your stitching on the binding...I will be stitching on my Ojos #2 listening to the whispery rain ...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they are all really beautiful

Nann said...

I've begun my version of cobblestones. Thanks for the idea.

Barbara Anne said...

What great progress you've made in putting the CC quilt together so quickly and it was a treat to see the NC display of your various CC quilts from 2011~

Getting the binding chosen, cut, pieced, and on the quilt for hand stitching so quickly is also an accomplishment! Applause!

Hugs!

JJM said...

Lovely Sunday post today Wanda ~ so fun to see you and your crooked Cobblestones from a “few” years ago.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like these new tonal prints - the floral one you've shown here and the Reflections by Brandon Mably.

Your cobblestones look GRAND!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful photos of all the quilts. Together they look even more impressive.

Agile Jack said...

I love all the cobblestone quilts. Is this something you came up with or did you see someone else do it? I might have to do something like this some time!
Anne

Vicki W said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that the Charlotte exhibit was 12 years ago!

Cherie Moore said...

I have that b/w onion fabric and am waiting for the right quilt to use it. It looks wonderful with this quilt! You are such an inspiration :)