Monday, January 29, 2024

Binding finished..........................


I finished the binding on this quilt at 10:30 last night.  I'll take its portrait and post details about it tomorrow.




One more view.  I love this quilt.








I was looking at the Crooked Cobblestone 13 from my computer chair and decided to flip it 180 degrees.  I think I like it better this way.  If I remember right I flipped a couple of the earlier ones too after they were sewn.

I really like it both ways so it is a tough decision.







I made a collage of both views.   The photos were taken under 2 different kind of lights so they look slightly different.   I won't be quilting it for a few weeks so I have time to make a decision which way is up.

9 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the second version with the warmer (sunset sky) colors at the top and the cooler greens (grasses) at the bottom. And I can’t wait to see that newly finished beauty spread out on the design wall. The folded sneak peek is tantalizing enough !

Nann said...

The sneak peek of your latest finish is delicious. And I'm having fun with cobblestones--thanks! We had about 2 minutes of sunshine yesterday.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

interesting the different look it gives when turned the opposite way

Julierose said...

The cobblestones look really good either way--tough decision for you.
Love that looksee at your latest finish--nice work...
36 out this morning, misting and just plain raw out there. We went food shopping early and snagged a couple of Paczki's as a treat...
Hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I love your quilt too ~ awesome, brilliant, full of heart warming fabrics. I am so anxious to see its formal portrait ❣️

Either way your Crooked Cobblestone looks great. And I know you’ll decide top and bottom.

JJM

pbj fiber marietta said...

Like the teaser of the latest quilt....
I think you are right, the green at the bottom of the crooked cobblestone quilt gives it weight and grounding. YOU decide!
You have really had a busy and productive couple of months. Cheers!

Barbara Anne said...

Love the outer border fabric on the newly finished quilt and the binding is perfect for the quilt.

I had to chuckle at your wondering which way should be up on your delightful CC quilt. Both ways up are wonderful so fret not!

Your productivity is wonderful.

Hugs!

O'Quilts said...

I saw that picture before I saw your name...and I knew it was you. It is beautiful xo.

Patty said...

That border fabric is fabulous! I can’t wait to see the portrait of another finished quilt! The cobblestones piece looks wonderful anyway it hangs.