Saturday, January 27, 2024

Sewn but not pressed...................


I sewed in 3 sessions yesterday and got extra pieces added to either the top or bottom of 6 of the 11 columns to get them closer to the same length.  I ended up putting the extra 3" column between columns 4 and 5 instead of between 5 and 6.  I sewed the columns together last night but haven't pressed it yet.  That comes next and then I will trim the bottom edge for a nice straight finish.  It is about 37" x 58" now.  There were 24 blocks of various sizes leftover after assembling this.

We are above freezing now at night as well as mid 30s in the daytime so the 12" of snow is disappearing pretty quickly.  We have had a little fog each day with it.  I went out to get some supplies on Thursday and saw one man in shorts and sandals.  I think he was jumping ahead a little too soon.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we always seem to see at least a couple people in shorts and sandals when it is cold outside. I don't know how they can do that without getting way to cold. The top is coming along fast, I know a lot of it was already ready to sew but you are moving along fast.

Julierose said...

Love how this has its colorwash vibe--it is really looking so good!!:))))
shorts and sandals are a bit much--but I guess some people just don't feel the cold! I am still sporting my puffy coat when I go out;)))
38 here and still drizzling out there...the air just feels water-laden--
[echoes of Ireland]!
I am going to find backings for the girls' quilts today--hopefully --the long borders I attached just seemed so hard to handle...this project is getting to me!! Hugs for a good weekend Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO beautiful ... especially when it is absolutely GRAY outside with heavy rain all day. We had fog here as well - and our temps are going colder again for the next week (low 30s overnight to mid 40s daytime). Shorts and sandals - too soon (but I get his eagerness).

JJM said...

Fun to see Another Crooked Cobblestone in all its glory… your creative talent just flows into your blog every day.

Sounds like winter is subsiding a bit most everywhere. We too are experiencing temps in the 40’s… I’m sure Mother Nature will give us another snow storm just when we are so ready for spring.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Crooked Cobblestones is magnificent and hope you're as delighted with it as I am and smile at those delicious fabrics as you press it. I wonder if it will it appear on your sidebar as your new favorite?

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

Oh, that turned out really nice!

Ann said...

A masterful combination of colors. I’m impressed you got them all sewed together so well, too. Although it probably wasn’t that difficult for your skills. We are having morning fog here, too. No snow.

Sherrill said...

That guy sounds like my son--almost always in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops! He's very hot natured (the way my hubby was) and I'm the polar opposite! Gotta be in the 70's or more for me to feel comfortable..LOL.

Connie said...

Wow! This looks like an amazing Mosaic stained glass window. Absolutely gorgeous.

Patty said...

The cobblestones piece looks wonderful! I especially like the little red bits at the top.