Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tying to decide on size.................


I'm designing this one sideways so it will fit on the design wall.  I have been figuring out estimated finished sizes.  As it is seen here, it would be approximately 44.5" x 72".  If I add one more row for the width, it would be approximately 55" x 72".  Another option would be to take off one row on the end and it would be approximately 44.5" x 63.5".


So while I think about that I searched for more gold toned Marcia Derse fabrics for the triangles.  I got 3 of them cut to try out.








Those 3 new ones are in this photo.  I'll cut the rest of the candidates today.  I only have a few triangles of one of the fabrics because I have used almost all of it in the last quilt I made with Marcia Derse fabric.



This Amaryllis is on the top shelf of my plant stand and I think it is almost 30" tall.  I have to look way up to see the beautiful blooms.  This is the one with the tiny red edging around the petals.



I only have one cactus blooming.  It had 3 buds and this is the first one to go to full bloom.  I'm hoping more of round 2 blooming will start soon but I don't see any buds on the other plants yet.

9 comments:

Ramona said...

The colors in these fabrics are so rich and vibrant. I just love your idea of using the yellow fabrics for the centers. They look like twinkle lights in the design.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

This is going to be gorgeous. Such rich colors and I love the QSTs!

Julierose said...

Coming along so well with those golden centers~~;)))
Snowing here, so far, 2" which they predict to turn to sleet and/or freezing rain. So far my haircut hasn't been cancelled...we shall see...
I sewed more of the grandgirls' blocks together...the 2nd quilt is ready to be assembled now...and i pinned the 2nd Christmas Ojos for quilting...
unfortunately a migraine has decided to come for a visit!! Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the red edging around the white flowers really pretty. I like the quilt I would make it wider but that is me - it really depends who it is for in the end if you know. I love the colors you are using for it.

Barbara Anne said...

I'd go for the 72"x55" size as that would keep most people cozy and I love the look of this growing quilt!

Beautiful Amaryllis and cactus bloom!

We have freezing rain over ice today so I plan to stay in and not endanger my bones by slipping.

Hugs!

Patty said...

Using the yellow and gold fabrics make the centers sparkly against those rich dark fabrics.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm enjoying seeing your latest designs but not the sight of the heavy snow and the fact you are having pretty cold temps!! Great weather for quilting though!!

Nann said...

Now I can see the block construction more clearly. I recall a Kaffe quilt that used the block but had inset seams--I instantly envisioned it the way you're making the blocks.

Diane Perin said...

This s beautiful! The golds really shimmer.