Wednesday, January 10, 2024

19 blocks................


I need 6 more blocks for my 25 block baby quilt.  I hope when it is sewn together that the diagonals that are formed by the 9 patches are more prominent.  I thought about grouping some of the donut holes together and some 9 patches in groups so the layout is more random.  But then I thought I'll have this done a lot quicker if I just leave it alone and sew it together the way it is.  The baby isn't going to care.


I got 2 pieces cut for the backing of my batik pineapple log cabin quilt.  Today I'll get the center crease lines ironed out and seam them together.




The Amaryllis from my sister-in-law has finally bloomed.  There is a little red edge around all of the petals.  It is so delicate and pretty.










From the top you can see all 5 buds/blooms.  There is another bud stalk on this one so I'll be treated to some more flowers in a week or so.

We had 7" of snow predicted for yesterday but we were too close to the rain/snow line and had about 2" of slush with an inch of snow over it when I got up.  My snow plow guy came and cleared that.  Then off and on all day it snowed and rained so there is another couple inches of slush and snow to clear off the driveway today.  Our next snowstorm is coming Friday and then we plunge down below 0 a couple nights over the weekend.


I had to move the Amaryllis with the double white flowers down to the floor and tie it to my plant stand.  It was too top heavy for the table even though I had it tied to a chair.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

That was quick making all those blocks!! this will be so pretty...
Your amaryllis is beautiful...they do get top heavy--good idea to tie it to your plant stand...
No snow here at all now--47 this morning and standing water all around us...
but, luckily not in our basement....
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I like the pattern for Donut Hole and happy you are going to stitch it together as is. And then theres your FANTASTIC large Pineapple top waiting in the wings to complete. I had to go back and look at it. . . Such an awesome work of art.

And what a wonderful way to close out your post today with your Amaryllis blossoming. I had never seen a white one especially with the delicate red edges on its petals. It is absolutely lovely,

JJM

Nann said...

The diagonal might be more prominent if you put them on point. I know that would throw off the # of blocks you have planned, though.

P.S. NO snow for us at all!

Barbara Anne said...

Love your donuts and 9 Patch quilt and it's growing beautifully in its happy colors. You're right, the baby and the parents will love it.

Your Amaryllis and cacti are so pretty and you found a clever solution to give support to your top-heavy blooms!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful baby quilt! My what a star Amaryllis!

Linda said...

Beautiful Amaryllis,

Patty said...

I like that you mixed 9 patch blocks with the doughnut blocks. It’s very colorful ! Both amaryllis plants are so beautiful! Mine isn’t even close to blooming.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How pretty the amaryllis! I had one like that blooming outside for several years. One of the more severe freezes got it.
We have freezing and below weather forecast here next week, so more work getting things and chickens protected!