Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Measuring and cutting............


Yesterday I pressed the wide backing for the quilt I talked about yesterday and measured twice and cut off the extra portion of the fabric.  Then I measured and cut batting for that quilt plus another one.  

Last night I sewed 5 of the donut hole blocks and then thought, what if they were alternated with 9 patches.  Those are just loose pieces on the design wall checking it out.  I will sew some 9 patches so I can get a better idea.

This is the photo from yesterday with edge to edge blocks.  These blocks are going to be fun to play with.
  
 

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Love it with the nine patches! Much more lively, but a good combo of fabrics either way.

Julierose said...

Such pretty, clear colors with that white--nice contrast.
We are awaiting the predicted rain/wind storm now--and we still have a lot of slush spots all around--lots of water here already!! Only 27 right now--so it may start as snow once again...
I was going to use the HR fabric to make a zig zag pattern, but I don't know if I like that or not now...will have to put them up on the wall and try different
arrangements...
hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Yes to the nine-patches! Just rain here, so far.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that block - a fun looking block

JJM said...

I agree it’s going to be fun to create with your 9 patch blocks in the mix. I really like your back ground white fabric with the black “pencil line’ designs, combined for the donut hole blocks.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Oh, the possibilities! Have fun sewing and playing with the layout.

It's rain, rain, rain here and - if you can believe it - 61*F for the high today, if anyone is going outside.

Hugs!

MaryJo said...

Love the blocks and especially your choice of background fabrics !
Also loved the 10 inch block from yesterday, with the center square on point.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ohhhh - you are tempting me with this idea!! Love the addition of the nine patches - but I also like the donut hole blocks squished together.

Patty said...

That’s a big job pressing backing and getting batting ready. The donut hole blocks are so pretty!