Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Preparing............


I got the seam sewn and pressed and loaded the 3 layers on the longarm. Then I decided I had to take advantage of a nice cool early evening and mow the grass.  It is going to get a little warmer each day for 3 days and I know I don't want to mow on a hot day.

This quilt is all Kaffe collective fabrics and being as multicolor as it is I have a light gray thread on the machine to quilt it.  I just need to change the bobbin to red.  I had planned to bind it with the same stripe as the insert near the top and bottom of the top.  That means a high contrast with the backing (red) so I will probably hand stitch the binding.  I don't know if I can get it all done in one day.  What I mean is I don't know if I can stick with one project all day, you know, attention span of a kindergartener.

 

12 comments:

Julierose said...

It will be so beautiful all quilted--looks like a long job...good idea to get the lawn done in the cooler temps...It got hot and humid here; in the low 70's overnight even....hugs, Julierose

sewyouquilt2 said...

It is beautiful. Attention? Am I supposed to pay attention in this hobby?

Linda Swanekamp said...

I used to teach K-5 art and I will take the enthusiasm and the willing to go all out energy of a kindergartner anytime over glacial adults.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I often wish I had a whole day to do just one thing... or even just an afternoon. I love this quilt.... all the colors playing well together.

patty a. said...

That is such a pretty, colorful quilt. It is hard to stick to one project sometimes. You don't have a deadline so just take your time and it will get done. So what if it's not done for August!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is a pretty quilt - I would need to take a lot of breaks from the quilting myself - that is a long time to stand and quilt all day

Quiltdivajulie said...

I just love your last couple of sentences. I am so guilty of short attention spans and what we lovingly call "squirrel brain" or "monkey mind." Your top is going to be beautiful, especially if you do hand stitch the binding.

JJM said...

The striped fabric inserts make this piece another stunning top. I don’t remember this one in the works, but sure is beautiful.

JJM

Kristin said...

Beautiful quilt!

audrey said...

You may have the attention span of a kindergartener, but you always go back for more eventually. Adds up to so many lovely quilts! This one is gorgeous.:)

Cathy said...

Aha! A kindred spirit! I always have several things going so I can switch back and forth. Your description of “attention span of a kindergartner” is much more fun and colorful than my diagnosis of Sewing ADD.

Mystic Quilter said...

This quilt is so, so beautiful, bursting with colour! It illustrates perfectly the reason I just love KF Collective fabrics. Just reading other comments I see that a few of us quilters deal with 'attention span of a kindergartener', I certainly do!