Friday, August 5, 2022

Loaded.............


 I was running out of clean clothes so yesterday became a laundry day.  Since I was already in the basement I sewed the one seam on a backing and loaded this quilt on the longarm frame.  I have chosen the thread and that is far as I got.


Last night I pieced a block 1.5 times the size of the original Arboretum blocks.  I haven't pressed it so it isn't trimmed.  I cut the background fabric oversized so the proportion will look a little different when trimmed.  The blocks at the left are the original size and 1/2 as tall.  I'm getting closer to design wall time.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

I think this multi-size design will be FABULOUS! Can't wait to see it on your design wall.

Julierose said...

I'll bet the different sized blocks will really pull thie quilt together along with those CH print blocks, too..;)00
And another super hot day dawns here--going to get my haircut at 9:30 so will be home before the heat of the day hits us...there is an outside chance we could get some shower activity this afternoon--hope so...
hugs on this "Dog Day" Friday...Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

The size variation is genius! Love the biggie and tiny together. Real forests are like that. The color combos are outstanding.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes laundry just has to be done-I was doing that yesterday as well. Looking forward to you design wall time and see how this quilt will develop

JJM said...

The magic the Long Arm adds to the quilts ~ is like the frosting on a cake. I had forgotten about this one. And anxious to see it quilted.

And what a fun surprise to see the large tree block. I’ve been enjoying Arboretum since you first introduced the first block.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How fun to have three sizes (so far!) of that block. Can't wait to see all the blocks playing together with you!






































































































































































































































Florida Farm Girl said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm loving those trees. I don't have Kaffes to use but I have a ton of batiks in vibrant colors.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love that gorgeous large block!