Tuesday, August 2, 2022

July 2022 Monthly recap...............

I had 3 finishes for July, no new quilt tops, yay!!  Of course there are at least 3 quilt tops in progress so.....

The African colorwash wallhanging is 34" x 42", the yellow zig zag sweet little baby quilt is 29" x 35" and the quarter square yellow quilt is 55" x 71".  Yellow is my favorite color so these 2 make me very happy.  I love the African colorwash too and I'll probably keep it until I make the next even better one some day.  This is #3 in the series.


The details of this quilt were on yesterday's post but I'll repeat them here so I can find them when I need them.

I quilted it with YLI variegated thread on top, Bottom Line in yellow in the bobbin and I used Hobbs 80/20 batting.  The binding which matches the backing is finished all by machine.


I found this backing fabric on sale at a very good price and I used it on the front of the quilt too.  It is such a happy yellow daisy like flower print with honey bees.









Keeping with the yellow theme, the Brown Eyed Susans are very tall and in full bloom right now.






Here is a full shot of the Sunflower and 2 yellow Cosmos.

The house is my back to back neighbor, the house that is for sale in the neighborhood.  The owners were my neighbors for 50 years.  The house which has been listed for about 5 weeks has been under contract 3 times now, the first 2 times failed.  It will be an adjustment having new neighbors.
 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

All just lovely; I must say that African Colorwash is stunning though--definitely my favorite of these three.
Yesterday we got some rain, but today we are going back into the hot/humid days,
Our original concept of "Seasons" seems to be changing...
hope your day is good hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the yellow quilt and all the gardens - I had not been getting a lot of blogs updated in my Feedly reader so missed the last couple of yours before I realized I was not seeing all the blogs I normally do. I hope when you finally do get new neighbors at the back of your house that they will be good ones to have.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yellow theme is wonderful and uplifting. New neighbors are always a time to hold your breath. The house kitty corner to me just got new young owners and they are going gangbusters on residing and redoing and grew up in the neighborhood so it is a sigh of relief.

patty a. said...

You had a good month for July! I have to get some black or brown eye Susans. Yours are so pretty! Getting new neighbor's is hard. I hope you get some good ones.

JJM said...

Grand July finishes Wanda… and for me this is the first time I recall that you have told us, YELLOW is your favorite color. (*._.*)
And these two yellows for July certainly reflect that. African color-wash just dances off the screen as well. Love all 3 !

JJM

Ria said...

Wanda, I am so happy I found you again. I used to have you on the Bloglovin' post, but for me you disappeared there. So now I will follow you by just checking Exuberantcolor.

Beth D. said...

I have been following you on the Bloglovin' post and wanted to know why you disappeared. I look forward to your daily update. I do know I can always go to your website but it was nice to get the email with the link.

I have to say that yellow is my favorite color too. It represents happiness for me.

Mystic Quilter said...

Not surprised to read that you're keeping the African colorwash, it really is beautiful. Gosh new neighbours will be some adjustment, hope they're nice folk.