Thursday, August 4, 2022

Working at turtle speed..............


I made 2 more Arboretum blocks and trimmed them and the two I showed yesterday.  Then I made one half as tall, half as wide.  Since I'm filling in with Charley Harper animals and birds I thought it might be fun to have some other size blocks.





I happened to walk by the kitchen window at just the right time to see a yellow butterfly on the Coneflowers.  Usually they fly away before I can get my camera but this one stayed a while.



The little 6" tall Stonecrop Sedum plants have flowers on them this year.  Little pieces of this plant are coming up in different places in the front garden.




This is the other short Sedum that is maybe 8" tall at the highest point.  It has lots of blooms this year too.






I moved the red Wave Petunias back by the bird feeders.  I have better luck with the regular petunias draping over the edge of the pots.

I'm getting a lot of questions about Bloglovin' which a lot of you have used to follow my blog.  None of us know what is going on with them.  I have not been able to access their site for over 2 weeks on my computer but with the app on my phone about 8 of the blogs I read show up there.  All of the rest however are no show.  I have switched to a site (free version) called "the Old Reader".  I put a link to it on my browser and just go in there to see who has posted.  There is a vertical line in front of the ones that aren't read yet.  I don't know if they have an email option.  You all know by now that I post every day so if you put a link to my blog on your desktop you can just click on it every morning for the latest post.

8 comments:

Marianne said...

I've had trouble with Bloglovin for quite a while, so I am switching to Feedly. I have lost the names/URLs for some of the blogs I had been reading, but I guess I'll catch up with them sooner or later. And maybe I didn't need t read them all anyway.

I love your garden pictures. The other day, I was looking out my kitchen window at a small planter with red impatiens and was happy to see a hummingbird going from flower to flower. Wish I'd had my camera to capture it!

Julierose said...

I cannot get my feed from Bloglovin either--maybe 3 weeks now.

I am working at a snail's pace these days--slowly slowly....
Your little blocks are a super idea to go with CH's !!

We are in a "heat advisory" here until 11 p.m. Friday...So definitely will try to get some sewing done--the last of my lavender has dried up and my small hydrangea got totally eaten...who is the culprit this time, Mr. Bunny or Mrs, Deer??? who knows...very disappointing...
Stay cool hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I wish I could have sedum, but unfortunately the deer eat them. I also enjoy the butterflies visiting my coneflowers. I try and keep the coneflowers well watered so there is nectar for the butterflies. Right now it seems I can't dump enough water on the plants. We have a 70% chance of rain today. I sure hope we get some. I like your mini tree!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks for the heads up about The Old Reader. I had moved to Feedly but didn't like it much. I just spent an hour moving all my blog links to TOR and I like it MUCH more. THANK YOU!!! p.s. Good idea to mix in some different size trees - will keep the final quilt from being "just like" the pattern and more like YOU.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have no sedum plants I might have to look for a couple of those next year to try them out

JJM said...

You’re having as much fun with your Arboretum quilt top as I am watching it grow. Sweet little mini tree to ‘sprinkle’ in here and there. I can see its another treasure in the works.

Thats a Swallow Tail butterfly, we have them here too and they’ve been here for a couple months. Love those graceful Butterfly’s.

JJM

Cathy said...

Don’t forget about Feedly. It’s an RSS feed/blog reader service and it’s been problem-free for the many years I’ve had it. BTW, your Arboretum blocks are wonderful!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've been busy this week so didn't notice the lack of bloglovin emails. I kept your link in a folder so just caught up on your last few posts. Your garden is looking so colourful; you must be so happy with all the progress after last years upheaval. Hopefully you and the UK get some rain soon. They are starting some restricts down south so won't be long before we get them as well. Have a good weekend :)