Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tree progress.............


I still had some backgrounds cut from last week so I sewed up 5 of them.







I put all of the new blocks up on the design wall as well as a few that were on the side in the last photo I showed of this.  I think I have about 18 more regulars size blocks (lots more orange and red) to sew and 2 larger ones.  Then I need to cut some small size pieces from the Charley Harper fabrics to help fill in the space around the larger blocks.


I got one more large block cut and the branches/trunk cut to size for it.









While I had a load of laundry in I pressed the backing for this wallhanging and then taped it down and layered the batting and top.  I have it ready to baste now.  It is going to be hot for a couple days so the basement will be a cool place to be. 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Your arboretum blocks look just stunning all together!!
And i love that crow quilt--so vibrant hugs Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO good to seeing the yellow one move forward. It is one of my favorites.

patty a. said...

The tree quilt is coming along!

JJM said...

Great progress on yellow & black ‘n white piece. ~ And your new trees added are awesome plus that last one photographed, not sewn, is my favorite, background and tree fabrics are sensational. I enjoy watching this one grow so much.

JJM

Nann said...

What a colorful forest you are "growing"! The whirling yellow blocks are intriguing.

Anne Ibach said...

OMG! You're making a block with Kaffe's lichen fabric. It's so amazing! Maybe I'll be really lucky and run across a piece of it in some out of the way fabric store or thrift store some day.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful, wonderful Arboretum! I am quilting my last quilt for the quilt show and it is slow. Pretty much recovered from the scooter attack!

Needled Mom said...

Those trees are stunning! Love that wallhanging too.