Sunday, August 7, 2022

Keeping cool...................


With a feel like temperature over 100 yesterday it was time to go to the basement and get serious about quilting this quilt.  The lines of quilting are about 1.25 - 1.5" apart.



I cut the binding, the same fabric as the border and backing, and sewed it all by machine.

The top thread is YLI gray cotton and the bobbin thread is Bottom Line in a medium brown.  The batting is Hobbs 80/20.








It is about 52" x 73" and is made with all Kaffe Fassett collective fabrics.  The pattern is Matrix by SpringLeaf Studios.  

Now I am down to 37 tops waiting to be quilted.....that doesn't bother me at all.  There are some I know that I will never quilt.  There are several small ones that I know I will quilt.  And then of course are the 4 tops in progress which might get finished this month.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely quilting on this one--very pretty finish nice work!!
"Feels like" temps are up in the 100's here too; and today is slated to be the hottest!! Our AC has been going on constantly ($$!) but what can you do? There is no way to even breathe this bad air without it.
Take care and keep cool hugs, Julierose

Chris said...

Nice finish! Glad you have a way to keep cool but also keep quilting! Today is supposed to be a little bit better, I think. Take care!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it has been hot here too but with the A/C running all summer we don't notice it so much with the whole house system. I just don't go outside much!
The quilt is looking great. You will quilt the ones you want to when you want to I'm sure

JJM said...

Wanda ~ you produce more quilts than anyone I know. And each one created with a design like none other. The quilting always brings out even more beauty . And again this one is a true beauty.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely finish - that wider border really finishes it off well. I am with you on the staying cool - we have been SO hot here this summer. It is actually the hottest summer on record (so far with little chance of losing that dubious distinction).

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Yay! All finishes are good, and staying cool is very necessary. I've been mostly inside myself.

I like this Matrix. The border and backing are perfect!

patty a. said...

The backing and border fabric is such a fun print and looks great with the piecing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh so pretty ! and a great way to avoid the heat!!
I have never counted my tops....hmmm interesting idea!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love your version of Matrix. It's fun to see the background done in a print. I have tops in my cabinet that will probably never be quilted as it's my least favorite part of the process. These days I send most quilts out to a long armer so I choose carefully which ones to finish.

Vicki W said...

Another fun finish. The size is perfect for a snuggle sofa quilt.