Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Light value trees.............


I was searching yesterday for light value tree fabrics for the Arboretum quilt.  I got 2 blocks cut and sewn but not pressed, so they aren't trimmed yet.










The one lonely Four O'Clock that came up from last year's seed was just over the lot line in my neighbor's yard.  I dug it out and planted it on my side of the line.  It didn't have much root but it did fine in the transplanting.



I had to go back out after 4p.m. to see one of the buds opened.  I'm hoping there might still be some more coming up before summer is over.







While I was out there I took a couple more photos of all of the flowers.








I stepped back a foot or so for this shot.  I hope we get some of the rain they are predicting today.  We are on the very edge of the area where they are showing measurable rain.




The moss roses are starting to spread out in the front garden by the Sedums.  I'm hoping they will re-seed for some plants next year.  I'm not sure my knees can take another year of planting annuals.

 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

I like the new light value trees!!
your gardens are really looking lovely...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I planted a package of Four o'clock and hardly any of them came up and finally now a couple that were a little more shaded in the heatwave we had are growing and filling in better but no flowers still

patty a. said...

The 4 o'clocks reminded me that my Mom use to grow them. I remember the seeds were real easy to harvest. I should try planting some and see if the deer will eat them or not. Mom's favorite plant was moss roses although I only knew them as Portulaca. Maybe I will try planting some of those too. Your flowers are so pretty! I like the light fabrics you found to make some more tree blocks.

JJM said...

Pretty, light and airy your new blocks are. Plus an array of blossoms that shout summer, resembling one of your wonderful quilts.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

We plant in large pots - my knees cannot handle in-ground planting any more. Your flowers are gorgeous!!!

JustGail said...

I like that hot pink of the 4 o'clock and the moss rose against the green leaves. The older I get, the more I like those colors & combinations that reach right out and make my retinas vibrate. Well, at least in flower gardens, my quilts and clothing are not so wild. I do have to wonder if it's changing taste or cataracts though :-)

I like the new blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Zero four oclocks showed up this year- not sure why. The drought is really hard on the garden and things look scraggly. No real rain in forecast but more heat and humidity. Love the light value trees!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love the lotus leaf fabric in every color, and these are really pretty for some of your lights. I have more trouble getting rid of four o'clocks than in keeping them! I do love them, though, and the fragrance is sweet in the evenings. Our girls used to call the seeds hand grenades when they were small.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice light value trees and I love lotus leaf fabric! Your garden is looking so colourful right now and just full of blooms.