Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tiny trees.............


I pressed all of the rest of the fabrics for Arboretum trees and cut more backgrounds.  I got one tree cut into shapes and ready to sew.








These are all of the fabrics I cut for tiny trees that will finish at 4" tall.

I had all of the usual errands to run yesterday plus a load of laundry so no sewing happened.

My neighbors got 2 cats and they want to be outside quite a bit.  My country garden in the backyard has them fascinated with all of the tall flowers to run through.  I haven't seen any chipmunks lately so I think maybe they are scared off.  When I see a squirrel out there half way down a tree but not coming down to the ground I know the kitties are out there.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Sounds like good squirrel deterrents for you;)))
You will have a lot of blocks to put together on this one...that is a nice deep, dark blue one...hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I like the Aboriginal dot fabric for the tree. I haven't seen any chipmunks lately. Between my traps and the cats maybe they vacated the cul-de-sac! Your back garden has to be a great place for those cats to explore.

JJM said...

Great combination with your tiny tree in the works. And backgrounds for the next batch are so BEAUTIFULLY vibrant.

Cats are chipmunk predators, it is rare we see a live chipmunk anymore. Our neighbors have 3 cats always on the prowl for those little guys.

JJM

MissPat said...

It's good to have some cats on chipmunk patrol, but watch out for them using your gardens as a litter box. Switching up the size of the trees should provide more interest as will the Charlie Harper blocks.
Pat

Anne Kirby said...

My son's neighbor's cat got out...and now she is in heat and and living in their yard...poop from a million cats and spraying.

Anonymous said...

Call local animal control. They will bring a cage and food out to catch the cat and come and get it when it’s in the cage. We have caught 8 of them so far and now no more nasty cat crap and dead birds.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the trees. I actually love cats. Mine stays indoors because he gets into too much trouble outside and does not understand the meaness out there. I have way too many squirrels and rabbits that plague my yard. I only got one ripe tomato this year- squirrels stole the rest.