Saturday, August 13, 2022

Back to the design wall...................





I knew I didn't have enough blocks made yet so that was keeping me from going to the design wall and starting the layout.  I am contemplating making this a twin size quilt which will mean at least 40 more regular size blocks and 4 more of the 1.5 ratio blocks.  That also means more of the little blocks.  I only have 7 more tree blocks made.  I am thinking of a Charley Harper border with strips of different lengths pieced together.  It's all still a "maybe" thought in my mind.  Will I be able to stick with it or will it be a smaller quilt?  All I know is it won't be finished anytime soon.  Too many things going on right now, including nice weather to be working outside.


My Zinfin Doll Hydrangea blooms are starting to turn pink now.






I couldn't decide which photo I like best so I'll include all of them.







Oh, so pretty!  I'm glad I bought this variety last year.  The bush has filled out nicely in its first year in my front garden.





I have 2 different varieties of the dark mini Sedum plants.  This one has a pink bloom.






The other one has a darker rose color, more vivid.  







I love the Dainty blooms on this Coral Bell.  The leaves are green and purple mix and the flower fluffy and dainty.  I have one more piece of this plant in a pot.  Maybe I'll look for a place to plant it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Charley Harper birds mixed in with the trees. I don't have even close to the amount of Kaffe fabrics as you, so my arboretum is taking on a more rainbow effect. I need to let loose and mix it up a bit more. Thanks for your daily inspiration-
Kathy

Julierose said...

I also love the CH blocks in the mix with Arboretum blocks a lot!!
That Zilfin hydrangea is gorgeous--and I like the lace-y look of the Coral Bells...
It was only 59 degrees this morning --amazing change of temps here. But this is a real relief for us--NOW if only we could have some rainy days...
Hugs, Julierose

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I really like the birds among the trees. I've thought about doing trees someday. That pale pink hydrangea is spectacular. Ours our blue and violet and have done well this year.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I loved seeing the trees/charlie harper on the wall it is much easier to picture it now and I love it

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful hydrangea. Ours have done well for several years but last winter took a major toll on them so we've replaced them with new plants (2 rhododendrons in the front of the house). Time will tell if they are a bit hardier now that the winters are colder than when we first moved here.

JJM said...

Thank you for putting your Arboretum blocks on your design wall…they’ve been fascinating to watch grow and even better to see how far you have come.

Beautiful PINK hydrangea, mine has not blossomed yet, but soon. Mine is an old Lime Light bush that I cut way back each spring and it grows to over 5’ tall, every year. I’ll send you a photo in a couple weeks.

JJM

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I like the birds mixed in amidst the trees. Charlie Harper was such a wonderful illustrator and yet I don't have any of his fabric. I also enjoy seeing your garden photos. Reminds me of the midwest green I grew up with in Indiana. Something we have far less of here in the west.

O'Quilts said...

Very great quilt and lovely flowers....xo

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your hydrangea is gorgeous. No wonder you want to be outside. That quilt is going to be beautiful as usual

patty a. said...

Your tree quilt top is coming along and it is going to be fabulous! The hydrangea it so beautiful! Lots of pink in your garden right now - so pretty!

pbj fiber marietta said...

Love how the quilt is coming along. Also love the idea of a Charley border. I have a lot of his fabric and I never could figure out what to do with it.
Thanks for all the inspiration, both in your studio and garden!