Monday, August 29, 2022

Sunday project................


My Sunday only project is the strips of 5 triangle squares.  More explained last Sunday.  I hadn't made any dark low contrast strips yet so I cut some dark Kaffe fabrics to pair with the variety of mediums I have left in the project box.  I'm up to 89 strips now.





I decided I want one more finish for August so I trimmed batting to the right length and cut 2 lengths of this Kaffe Banana Tree fabric for the back.  I need to press both lengths before I sew the seam to join them.

We had some storms roll through in the late afternoon but we were just on the southern edge of them so just a tenth of an inch of rain.  More predicted for this afternoon but it looks like it might miss us.

 

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that banana fabric is interesting!

patty a. said...

The dark strips are fabulous and moody. That banana tree fabric is spectacular and will look great on the back of a quilt! No rain here. We had spotty showers on our way to the show on Friday afternoon, but that is the last of the rain I saw in NEO (northeast Ohio).

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just used that banana fabric in blue and purple on a backing. Actually, it was Julie's backing fabric on a comfort quilt. I probably did not match it as well as I would have like. A bit of skill lacking in that area. Love the triangles progress.

JJM said...

I did go back and look at last Sunday and could visualize your dark with the light strips. Another of your signature works in the making. ~ I really like the glow of your backing fabric.

JJM

Julierose said...

That banana fabric is amazing...looking forward to seeing how the lighter dark strips change this look...hugs, julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am seriously considering making another quilt inspired by that vintage beauty. My first was a bit too "organized" and I'd like to do one that is more like what you are doing. All in good time, I guess.