Thursday, August 18, 2022

All pressed and trimmed.............


I got four more blocks sewn yesterday and then pressed them all and trimmed them to the proper sizes.  I will sew one more batch before I take them down to the double design wall and add them to the mix.  This batch had a lot of dark blocks, the next batch will be mostly lighter blocks.  Seeing these blocks together has me thinking that a smaller wallhanging might be interesting as well as my twin size quilt.

I mowed about 3/4 of the front yard in the early evening yesterday.  I don't like the glare of the sun when I am mowing so late in the day is best or a cloudy day is good too.  I will mow the other 1/4 and the side and back yards today.

 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

after the rain we had the other day we will be needing to mow grass soon as well but the dew is so heavy in the morning it will need to wait for afternoon to early evening!

Julierose said...

I like the latest blocks--they are all so pretty together...

Last evening we were chased in by bees; we wanted to have our four o'clock cocktail hour there, but no go!! If it's not lawn mowing sounds or mosquitoes, it's bees this year! Frustrating...as it has now cooled down for a few days, we want to take advantage of sitting outside...

I ended up with a bad migraine [stress?? Bright light??] and so we sat by our fireplace which is the darkest spot in our house... and I had hot coffee as my libation;000. BEtter after a night's sleep....s i g h ..
That's my tale of woe;)00 hugs, Julierose

Gail said...

I'm enjoying watching thus quilt come together. I wonder if somehow by color and placement these blocks could be turned into a family tree quilt. Anyway something for me to keep thinking about.

JJM said...

All 3 sizes of blocks PLUS your C H blocks to sprinkle in. I can just imagine the fun it be to design and create this master piece.

JJM