Sunday, August 28, 2022

Pressing and trimming.............


All of the most current Arboretum blocks are pressed and trimmed.  I'm at the point on the design wall where the next 2 rows will be laying on the floor.  My other option is to make final decisions on the top 4 rows and sew them together and move them up higher on the wall.  Then I would have to move all of the rest of the blocks up too.  Since some of these new blocks will probably end up in the rows that will need to be moved, it might not be too bad of an idea.  Here is the last post that showed the design wall.  I have added a few more blocks since then.  Even if I move everything up, the bottom row will still be on the floor.  I have to decide if I'm making one more 1.5 ratio block and if I'm adding any more Charley Harper.

Here we are at the end of a month again and my self imposed quota of finishes is in question.  Do I continue working on the quilt top and hope I can finish it by the end of the month or take a side trip and quilt something?  I have 2 finishes already and no completed quilt tops (3 in progress), one wallhanging basted to quilt on my Pfaff and it is going to take several days to quilt it.  Decisions, decisions...............

 

9 comments:

Kathy said...

End of the month finishes---eh! Work on what engages your interest or energy level!

Julierose said...

I love that big tree block fabric--so gorgeous and rich looking...
I would agree with Kathy--follow your heart hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I say, work on the project that feels most like play.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Self imposed quotas are supposed to motivate us, not stifle us. If you feel like continuing with the trees to flimsy stage, then go for it!

JJM said...

Wow ~. Your new blocks all pressed, trimmed and ready to add a lot of ‘pizazz’ to the top. This piece continues to excite me.

By now I’m sure you’ve decided which way to turn on all your projects you’ve got going. Although I’m now anxious to see what you decided on ~ Will we see on tomorrows post ? . (*._.*)

JJM

MissPat said...

Go with the flow, as they say. When trying to meet your self-imposed month goals, you need to keep in mind that during the summer months, you have outdoor tasks that consume a fair amount of your time. Do what makes you happy.
Pat

sewyouquilt2 said...

I know I never stay on track.whatwver suits my fancy is what I do

JHG said...

I LOVE the Charlie Harper prints you have added. I would love to make this quilt and might do something similar.

Vicki W said...

Stay with the momentum! You can have more September finishes.