Saturday, August 27, 2022

What did I do all day Friday?............


It was one of those days that slipped away.  I know that in the morning I finished packing a box and took it to the post office.  While I was there I bought these cute stamps.  I bought 2 sheets of them and I feel like I might want more they are so darned cute.

Since the grocery store is right across the street from the post office I went there too and got the 8 things on my list.


I sewed a couple blocks while I watched the noon news and weather.  The rest of the day....I don't know other than I went through a box of "stuff" that I cleared off my kitchen table before my grandson visited last week.  I had him remove my wobbly kitchen table that I bought 11 years ago, one of those you have to assemble yourself and if you tightened too much you stripped the screws and if you didn't tighten enough they worked their way out and fell on the floor.  I kept the 4 chairs but am glad to see the table out of here.  The next thing I knew it was 11 p.m. and time to write my blog post for today.

Today I really need to get busy and accomplish something.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So a new kitchen table is in the offing? We currently have a card table in lieu of a very old table with a warped top that was getting to be more and more of a problem; the old table is to be restored at some point; meanwhile I am continually surprised at how low card tables are!

I'm hearing some real accomplishments on your list? Maybe just relative to my day!

ceci

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

new furniture seems to either be poorly made or so heavy you can barely move it it seems. The stamps are cute. Sometimes you are doing so many little chores around the house that you are busy but yet you feel like you didn't do anything

Julierose said...

It's always good to have a "getting things done" day; after one of those i really look forward to sitting at Helga and sewing a bit;)) hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

OH! Those elephant stamps! One of my nick names (for many many years) has been elephant brain since I can usually find almost anything that is "lost" here in the house, not to mention all the other random factoids that live in my head. Glad you can get that not-good table out of the kitchen to make way for something better (or even just the open space for a while).

Anonymous said...

I figure any day that a person gets anything done is a good day. I also ordered some of those elephant stamps, but just one booklet. I think I will get some more the next time I am at the Post Office. They are really cute. I also ordered a lot of Pete Seeger stamps.

I don't often get a chance to do any sewing. The best I can do is buy more fabric with dreams of using it in a quilt or sewing something else with it. It does give me joy to read every day what you are sewing.

deb

JJM said...

You accomplished way more than you realized, I think. If I get my daily walk in every day a bit of cleaning and supper made, kitchen cleaned up after . Thats a good day for me.

JJM

Cathy said...

Well, I know you personally got more accomplished than you let on! LOL. And those elephant stamps are to die for! I guess I’ll be making a trip to the post office to get some!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sometimes getting out and about is enough in its own. So what is the new kitchen table? I bought an elm Amish one last year made in Ohio that I picked up when visiting. The elm has such an interesting pattern that I just love looking at it. They build them solid.

patty a. said...

Years ago I needed a kitchen table and I found one at a garage sale. It was oak with turned legs and had a leaf that popped up. I was made by a company in Indiana and I would guess it was from the early 50's. I don't use it as a kitchen table anymore since I won a thick butcher block toped table from Aurhouse (spelling?) over 20 years ago. That thing is a beast! The garage sale table (I think I paid $25 for it) is now in the studio and I keep the TV and VCR on it along with the overflow of stuff from my machine sewing table. I had refinished the garage sale table and it could use a touch up after 40 years.

Vicki W said...

Oooh, I need to get some of those elephants!