Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Sewing, no pressing or trimming...............


I really thought I was going to sew, press and trim all of these blocks but all I did was sew them.









Once I realized I wasn't going to turn on the iron I sewed 2 more blocks and then paired up branch fabrics with background fabrics for 4 more blocks.



This is my view as I eat my lunch every day.  I think it is as close to being like an English garden this year than it has ever been.  I saw a hummingbird and 2 Monarch butterflies yesterday at lunchtime.  A little later a Goldfinch was hunting for some of the dried Coneflower seed heads.  Lots of birds visited the feeders while I was sitting there too.  We are still having beautiful weather so I took a long lunch break.  We know that here in northern IL the heat usually comes back the last week of August and into the first week of September so we need to enjoy this pleasant weather while it is here. 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

What a beautiful view you have;)) those cone flowers are just so pretty...
Hugs, julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the flower patch is very thick this year isn't it - really pretty

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your flower patch is magnificent! I am glad you took some extra time to gaze. Everything looks wonderful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful view!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flower garden, Wanda! So glad you could take some time to sit and enjoy it…thanks for sharing!!
Sandra B
scb304@juno.com

JJM said...

Your tree blocks are so full of beautiful energy, with fabric combinations that are so unique.

Plus your garden view reminds me of a Jacquie Lawson e-card, so beautifully mesmerizing.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your garden is beautiful! I'm drooling. We are supposed to get rain for the next week. I am so excited!

sewyouquilt2 said...

I want to sit and have lunch with you. So beautiful and peaceful

Lesley Gilbert said...

What a lovely view to look at whilst eating your meals. Did you move the 2 bird feeders further apart, to stop that naughty squirrel? pushing them together to nab the food? My wall planters are doing ok as are my Fuchsia's. We've finally had a little rain and the temps are down as well - 18c/65f at the mo and cloudy but nice. A special day for me today and I'm wondering what to sew :)