Saturday, August 6, 2022

A second larger block...........


I made a second block at the 1.5 ratio and since I still had a few blocks on my design wall I put the 2 larger blocks into the mix.  I needed to make 5 more little trees or cut some Charley Harper prints to fit into the half space.



I had a pile of fabrics on the ironing table that needed pressing so I took care of that.  I found this piece of fabric to use for a normal size Arboretum block and one small block.

Outside I spent just 15 minutes cutting down little volunteer trees and bushes.  Then back inside where it was cool.  They are predicting this will be the warmest weekend we have had all summer.

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

That long and narrow block is really pretty--I think breaking up your forest of trees with different sizes perfectly mimics real tree forests....

I hope you can find coolness this super hot weekend. 73 degrees here at 6 a.m.!! Our global warming is rearing its ugly head...every year a bit hotter and colder...hugs julierose

JJM said...

I’m enjoying how you are designing and adding as you go along with each new tree block. The new piece you found sparkles, and to get 2 blocks out of it yet. GREAT ADDITION !

JJM

sherij said...

I love your trees! Is there a pattern or instructions for this?

Thank you.
Sheri

Mystic Quilter said...

Arboretum is growing quickly and the new piece of fabric all ready for cutting will be a winner, I love the colours.

Needled Mom said...

I like the larger tree in there. I hope you can stay cool this weekend.

patty a. said...

That itty bitty tree is so cute!