Thursday, August 25, 2022

Checking on the outdoors...............


These 2 pots are sitting near my garage.  The Coral Bell and Sedum need to be planted this year so I'm looking for a spot for them.





This Early Girl tomato plant is by my driveway. It gets some early morning sun and then again in the late afternoon.









Also on the driveway near the garage is this pot of Cannas.  The ones in the other pot are taller but have bugs eating the leaves.  This one is doing  well so far.  I cut a lot of volunteer bushes and trees behind it.







The Coleus plants get so tall in the pots.  This one resides next to the tomato plants.










In the back garden the Brown Eyed Susans are starting to dry up.  There are lots of seeds there for the birds.






The end of summer Hostas are just starting to bloom.  These are the sweet smelling blooms that look like lilies.  It turned out to be a nice day yesterday, not as hot as they were originally predicting.

Back to sewing today.


 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I can't believe the size of the coleus plants!! I love their leaves--so pretty...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my hostas were beautiful at the start of the year but the drought and heat really made a mess of them this year they are not pretty at all and had holes in some of the leafs too

Linda Swanekamp said...

Actually had rain last night and boy, do thing look better in the garden this morning! Everything looks great in your garden. Wish I had those tomatoes!

JustGail said...

It's sort of sad that hosta leaves get all of the attention. Many people don't seem to know hummingbirds love the flowers. I have a couple that I should dig and pot up so they can get a little bigger before I try to plant them out again. My tomato plants are now a whopping 2 feet tall, and only gotten a few cherry tomatoes :-(

patty a. said...

I enjoy the pictures of your garden.

JJM said...

Your garden plants always look so robust and healthy. It’s all do to your TLC …. Thanks for sharing your day outside.

JJM

Mary Ellen said...

My lare summer blooming hostas are also going great guns. They are really tall too. At least 4 ft. now that they are mature plants.