Friday, August 12, 2022

Baking, mowing, moving blocks...........


I baked frosted creams for the family and packed them into containers I saved from grocery store products.  That way I don't have to wonder if I will get my containers back.




I moved the Charley Harper blocks to the design wall in the basement.  They are at the far right of the double design wall.  I carried all of the Arboretum blocks down there too but haven't started arranging them on the wall.  I need to decide how many more of the 1.5 ratio blocks I want to make.

I mowed the back yard, pulled out Poison Ivy, and picked tomatoes.  The first piece of Poison Ivy had a root that was over 3' long and extended into my lawn.  The second piece had a 2' long root.  The reason I pulled them out instead of digging is because it was growing in with a Peony plant and I didn't want to disturb those roots.  I think I got all of it but I'll check again today.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea on saving the containers from the store for you own bake goods. I save a couple containers from rotisserie chicken I find those containers are perfect for saving turkey leftovers or a roast chicken - or any thing else that mounds up over a bowl. Love Charley Harper

Julierose said...

Oh I use those pastry containers, too, for my quilting projects and scraps.
We are surrounded in our woodsy area with poison ivy. We are not able to pull it out as both of us come all over with it...not fun!!
You have a nice collection of CH blocks there...hugs, Julierose

Lesley Gilbert said...


You must be pleased to be able to see your Grandson more often after he moves back home. Those Charley fabrics look really nice, great colours. I've missed a few days of your posts but finally caught up with them.
Still hot and sweaty here. Ventured out yesterday but was glad to get back home and inside. Another week of these high temps then should start to get cooler. Glad you got some rain - hope it helps with the tomato growth. Hope you have a good weekend :)

JJM said...

Delicious looking Frosted Creams, and fun to see all the birds and animal prints up and ready to join your trees.

Pulling Poison Ivy out without letting it contact your skin is a feat in itself. And wow whast long, long roots. I know your were careful but at our age I can see me falling right into it.

JJM

JJM said...

*WHAT* NOT WHAST

Linda Swanekamp said...

Be oh so careful with that poison ivy. I am extremely sensitive to it. Once I got a bad case just from doing laundry of clothes from camping due to the oil of the plant on them. I have to go to prednisone and it takes months to stop the outbreaks percolating along the nerve networks.

Kristin said...

I love the Charley Harper blocks and it was a brilliant idea to pair them with the arboretum trees blocks. It will be a truly unique quilt!

Yes, be careful with that poison ivy (of course, you already knew that, I'm sure) - I read that the oil from the plant can stay active on surfaces for up to a year or so!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Great idea on the containers. Poison ivy ughhhhh. It's mean