Friday, August 19, 2022

Thursday's blocks..............


Some blocks were made last night, trying to keep up my enthusiasm for them since I still need quite a few more.





I didn't want to go down to the basement where my big ironing table is so they are unpressed and untrimmed at this point.

Earlier in the day I cleaned up the garage a little, swept the floor and then set up 2 card tables at the entrance to the garage.  A friend was coming over for me to help her with all of the math related parts of some quilts she will assemble in AZ over the winter.  I made notes for her and hope they will make sense when she gets around to sewing them.

I finished the mowing, filled the birdfeeders and watered everything that is in pots.  It is supposed to be hot today and then rain off and on Saturday and Sunday.  That sounds like 3 days inside with the AC running. 

5 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your blocks.mine are on hold till canning is done.itching to get back to them. I need more lights I think and blue greens

JustGail said...

I make notes on projects. Too-frequently I think "I'll know what that means!" while I'm writing them. Then months later think "?!?!?????!!" and sometimes "@#$%&!!!!" at my chicken scratch notes.
The blocks are looking good.

JJM said...

Nice new batch of trees, and you accomplished a lot of chores that was waiting for you. Seems there is always something that needs to be done every day. But so glad we can do them instead of being locked up in a nursing home.

JJM

Julierose said...

WOW that was a busy busy day for you. As i posted we're still cleaning up our fridge from its meltdown yesterday!! Your new tree blocks are just lovely...I hope your weekend doesn't turn out to be too warm hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

They are very wondeful blocks, no matter how many you need. Glad you beat the heat. Yesterday was perfect here- 75, sunny and cool breeze. Perfect day for our county fair that I took the 2 grandkids to. Too bad a confused woman drove her scooter into my right leg pinning me to an entrance door. Hobbling today, but no broken bones. Just finished PT on that leg.