Sunday, August 21, 2022

Playday........


It was raining off and on most of the day yesterday.  My rain gauge had 2.15" in it for a 24 hour total.

That made it a playday for me.  Of course I could have cleaned the house......

The first thing I did was sew 10 more scrappy log cabin blocks.  They will finish at 7" and I now have 40 made.  I think I will need close to 80 for a throw quilt.



I still had a small pile of backgrounds cut for the original size Arboretum blocks so I did some prepping for future sewing.





Two more were prepared in that size.








I had one of the 1.5 ratio backgrounds cut so I prepared that one too.  I think I need more red and orange blocks so that will be the next group I will cut and sew.







One of the shops I get emails from had a sale code for summer and they had one fat quarter pack of Marcia Derse's new line, Random Thoughts.  I had already purchased full yards of a few pieces but now I have a little of all of the fabrics in the line.  I didn't want full yards of all of them so this was perfect.

 

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Love the deep, rich colors in that log cabin--coming together so nicely...lovely works hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

Those are lovely Marcia Derse fabrics. I agree it’s nice to have just fat quarters of some. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. I hope you don’t get TOO much rain!

Mary said...

Play days are good! Love your log cabin blocks. We're hoping for some more rain later this week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always seems like three things to do on a rainy day - make quilts, read or bake!

piecefulwendy said...

I'm enjoying seeing your trees grow, they are so pretty and colorful. Nice little bundle of Marcia Derse, too! So pretty!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun seeing the tree blocks in process on that pink cutting mat. It is raining here today.

MissPat said...

I'm happy to hear you got a good rain. We had the threat of a daily of rain every day this past week and wound up with .1", although communities nearby got as much as 2". Today was supposed to be stormy, but after a very brief shower, it's bright sunshine.
I'm tempted to do a log cabin after seeing yours and another (which is very different, but just as compelling). Maybe after it cools down.
Pat

JJM said...

I always enjoy a great Sunday post and you didn’t let me down. Log Cabin blocks and more trees. Couldn’t have been any better than that.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Rain? Really? Still dry here and parched. Love all the blocks- log cabin, trees. Great fabric enhancement.

patty a. said...

Pretty Derse fabrics! one and a half inches came down here this weekend. It was a good test for my new gutters and they worked beautifully! No water in the studio!

Needled Mom said...

Love those logs. Send some rain our ay.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Yep, I can see an Arboretum quilt in my future. Just when I couldn't say, but.......