Thursday, September 1, 2022

Quilting, binding................




Smooth sailing on this one, not one thread break.  Once again it is straight lines with irregular spacing.  This is the easiest on my eyes for a quilting pattern.  81 year old eyes don't focus as fast as young eyes.  If you have been reading for years you might remember I had radiation treatment for a tumor in one eye almost 10 years ago.  In addition to killing the tumor the radiation continues to damage the area around it making my close depth perception a challenge at times.  It's a good thing I happen to like using the channel locks and doing straight line quilting.


As I was hand stitching the binding I remembered that my Arboretum blocks are on the design wall where I usually do my photography.  I might be able to hang this sideways on the design wall in the main floor studio.  I'll try to have my monthly recap ready for tomorrow's post.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful quilting--eye problems are so difficult to deal with. You did a lovely quilting job on this hugs [for a nice cool weekend? It was only 58 here this morning--welcome relief...] Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

The binding choice is perfect! If there was anything I'd like to add to my sit down long arm it would be channel locks. I love the look of irregular lines but mine have to be deliberately wavy (which is also totally okay).

JJM said...

I well remember your eye tumor and the many trips into Chicago you had to make for treatments plus check ups and yet you continued to post every day ! No one would ever know your vision was traumatized with ALL the beautiful quilts you have continued to produce.

And this one today is no exception. Precision at its best ! .

JJM

MissPat said...

With your quilts, vibrant color and design are the stars. There's no need for fancy quilting.
Pat

patty a. said...

You have learned to adapt beautifully to the changing condition of your eye. I like irregular linear quilting and I bet this one looks even prettier in person!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your quilts are exceptional and don't need fancy quilting - it would just get lost in all of the gorgeous fabrics anyway. Using your channel locks and doing straight line quilting with irregular spacing is perfect - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the irregular straight line quilting, I'm a huge fan. Gosh, can't believe it's been 10 years Wanda!

Vicki W said...

I love the effect of straight line quilting and I only do it irregularly spaced. I did it with measured spacing once and I'll not do that again!

Needled Mom said...

Has it really been ten years now? OMGoodness. Well.....your straight line quilting looks perfectly fantastic so I would stick with it.