Thursday, September 15, 2022

Cutting little pieces..................


I played a little with the layout of the Arboretum blocks and then decided I really should mow the lawn.  Each day this week is going to get warmer and today was pretty nice. 

Last night all the energy that was left was used to cut pieces for the log cabin blocks I have been working on for a couple months.  I have quite a few 1.5" strips that probably wouldn't be used for anything else so they might as well be chopped into the sizes I need.


Last week I cut 3 bouquets of Annabelle Hydrangeas and replaced the bouquets from last year.  The green fades as they continue drying.  I wish they would stay the bright lime green that they are when I cut them.

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

What a pretty green bouquet...
this morning it is quite windy and cool...really feels like Fall...
hugs, julierose

patty a. said...

I am glad you said something about it getting warmer. I need to mow the back yard, but I will have to clean up all the wood from the deck first. Those hydrangeas are so pretty!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is going to get hot here today too and sounds like it will last almost to the end of the month.
The hydrangea's are pretty.

Anonymous said...

Since florists add dye to the water to get carnations to be different colors, could you try to add some green dye to one vase to see if that deepens the green and then whether it stays green while drying?

Of course, it could kill the flowers, but, they are from your backyard and you can try again. /Liz

Kathy S. said...

Oh I love hydrangeas this time of year. They are such a fun flower for boquets. Can't wait to see where the fabric scraps land.